IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

My Taylor Made TP R5 Driver has a magnetic head cover that looks like a cobra.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Made R5 TP Diamana shaft

If I need to hit a fairway, I have found that I can hit a punch shot with my driver while keeping the face of the driver square to the target and throughout my follow through, in other words without turning the face over. This works for me, especially if I am hooking my driver and need to hit a fairway.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

I use System Q. I'm just starting out again after 15 years and that's what brand my uncle made for me. Once I consistently shoot in the mid 80's, I'll get a new set from a major manufacturer.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

Titleist 905S w/ stiff pro95 fuji

Driver: Titleist 905S 8.5 Fuji Fit-on 11 Pro-95
3 Wood: Titleist 980F Fuji Speeder
5 Wood: Titleist 904F Fuji Speeder
Irons: Ping i-5 Black Dot
Wedges: 54 and 58 degree Cleveland 900 Gun MetalPutter: 35" White Hot Half Mallet (#4)Back up bag:Mizuno T-zoid ProTitleist K and D Divers

Just because someone has a high handicap doesn't preclude them from being able to hit long drives. Driving is a novelty of golf. Anyone can go to a range and work on hitting a driver and hitting it well. As we all know, playing good golf and hitting a driver well are not one-in-the-same.

You can say that again...I hit my driver a long way and pretty straight too and lose to my dad and father-in law on a regular basis. My short game and putting could use some work....and I wouldn't exactly call me a "clutch player" either.

Driver: Titleist 905S 8.5 Fuji Fit-on 11 Pro-95
3 Wood: Titleist 980F Fuji Speeder
5 Wood: Titleist 904F Fuji Speeder
Irons: Ping i-5 Black Dot
Wedges: 54 and 58 degree Cleveland 900 Gun MetalPutter: 35" White Hot Half Mallet (#4)Back up bag:Mizuno T-zoid ProTitleist K and D Divers

My "bread and butter" driver is the original HiBORE with stock Fuji regular shaft. I can easily find the fairway with this hi launch short shaft (44") setup.
But it is high launch and little roll. During the dry mid season and when my swing is grooved I move over to my R5 10.5* with Aldila NVS. A lower launch and much more roll.

This Fall I am experimenting with the R7 460. Love the head (center hits) but the stock OEM shaft (regular) is a bit soft even though my swing speed is just less than 90 mph as a 61 year old senior.

Look forward to trying the 2008 HiBORE XLS when it is released.

I currently use the Taylor Made R5 TP Driver, I also played the following below:

Taylor Made 425
Titleist 983K
Cleveland Launcher
Titleist 975D
Taylor Made Burner TI

The Taylor made is my favorite and Titleist is a close second.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Cobra Speed Pro S, I had a 905R for many years but once i hit the Speed Pro i knew it was the driver for me.

Titleist 915D2 Aldila Rogue black stiff
Titleist 913 f 15° Diamana stiff
Titleist 913 f 19 Diamana stiff
Titleist AP2 714 4-pw dg s300
Vokey sm5 56 m grind
Vokey sm5 60 m grind

putter odyssey collection 6m milled 34

Do I get a prize for reading this entire thread?

Currently playing a Cobra F-Speed 10.5 stock stiff. Looking to move into either a L4V, FT-i or FT-5. And thinking about going to a regular flex.

I currently swing a superquad (not a TP, im cheap), but im thinking about moving to the CGB4, that thing looks amazing.

Has anyone seen the new burner Irons? i had a chance to swing them at dicks the other day and they might be my next investment.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

Being relatively new to golf i have only been using irons (Taylormade RAC HT) as i always believed that Drivers/Woods were more difficult to hit.

Although; after a recent holiday where i hired a set of Pings (G5) i really enjoyed hitting the driver and have now decided to buy one to improve my game off the tee. I've been recommended the Taylormade R7 425 as it's supposed to be a good (forgiving) club and there are some great deals around at the moment, but i'm unsure as i've also been advised to get a 460cc head.

Being a high handycapper i'm looking for something that's forgiving, but will last me whilst i attempt to bring my handycap down. What would you guys advise? Are you a high handycapper and do you use the R7 425 or should i be looking at a 460?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I use the prior generation of the Cleveland Hi-Bore, and like it. But am thinking about going to the Taylormade Burner. Have a buddy that hits it and it goes a mile. He's left handed though, so only have tried the club at the PGA Superstore, and like it.

Of course I like the Ping Raptor also. Decisions, decisions.

I had been recommended the burner but for the extra cost i was looking at the cheaper r7 425 (as my wife's buying it as a Christmas present so will go crazy if i was looking at a circa £200 club - the r7 425 is only £129 at the moment).

What do you think about head size- should i be looking for a 460cc or do you think the 425cc ok?

Nicklaus Dual Edge 10.5 w/Fujikura Shaft

Hits Straighter, Farther, and More Accurate than any other clubs ive tried including

Burner
Ft-I
r7
Ping G10
Ping Rapture

Note: This thread is 4072 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!