IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizuno MP 29 with DG S400 and 1/4 inch longer and 2 degrees more upright

Fairway Wood : F Speed 3 WoodHybrid : XLS 2i Irons : 3 - PW MP 29 Wedges : SW (56) + LW (60) MPT WedgesPutters : Itchy Bitchy Monza SpiderBall : NXT Tour

Going to start a new thread (as soon as I can...), but I'm thinking long and hard about the Tour Edge Geomax irons.

I currently hit Adams GT3's (super super cheap, great to make sure I was serious about this game though)

MX-900s! Fantastic clubs for high handicappers!

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

Callaway X-14 Pro
Rifle shaft - stiff
3-LW

Had them a few years now. I really like them. I can't see switching irons for many many moons.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

After being in the golf business for a few years -- I would strongly recommend everyone go to a qualified fitter and do more than hit clubs until you find some that you like.

With some of the investments we are making into equipment, and never ending new technology, if you get irons that fit you new shafts may be all that you need in the future. I looked at the TaylorMade R7 cgb max irons a while back, and while they are great irons the truth be said the lofts have been made markedly stronger. I felt as if I had gained distance (the scourge of the golf game), when in actuality all they have done is change the numbers to the loft.

I then went to a well known fitter with all the proper equipment, and through shaft technology retrieved my swing speed to an acceptable level. I was just about to fall for it and buy a set of clubs that I gave up everything else for, except distance!

dxstx
---------------
In the bag:
Callaway Razr Hawk Tour 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Stiff

Callaway Razr Hawk 3 Mitsubishi Diamana Red Stiff

Taylor Made TP 14* Diamana Red Stiff

Taylor Made TP 19* Diamana Red Stiff

Taylor Made TP 25* Diamana Red Stiff

Maltby Concept Long Putter

Miura 202 forged blades 4-9-PW

Vokey Wedges 50 - 54

I play an old set of Ram Laser irons that basically play like blades, but are cavity backs.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• 2 weeks later...
Nike Pro Tour Forged Irons.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

i like my clevelands they are a solid club for the price nice solid feel because of the insert

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

MacGregor M565 - Rifle 5.5 and YS Technology stiff

I have played many irons and believe there are none better than these. Don't take my word for it. Check out the reviews on golfreview.com - 4.98 out of 5.

These are cavity back forged irons and simply hit long and straight. They have less offset. The fact is there are a lot of good irons out there. However, this iron performs or outperforms every other club out there, and does so at a very reasonable price.
Whats in my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 460
Fairway/Hybrid: 15 & 19 degree Nickent 3dx Utility
Irons: MacGregor M565
Wedges: Cleveland 900 RTG 54 & 58 degreePutter: Odyssey DFX 2 ball

Currently I'm still using my old Silver Scot 845s (Tommy Armour).

But now they're getting too old and I want to replace them. I'm doubting between the Titleist AP2 irons and the Mizuno MP-57. I tend to go for the Mizuno because I seem to have more control with them. For me as well as their direction as there distance is more constant then the AP2.

In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

I had some R7-XD's and I traded them in for a set of Mizuno MP-30's, which I love! I have to adjust to not such a strong loft, but I like the feel better...way better!

Pete

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I am using a mixed ping set G5 for the longer irons. and I5 for the shorter irons, orange dot and rifle 6 shafts, they have the feel of blades, but they are cavities, and nice to look at, IMHO that is, I like them. Plus the brushed look, as opposed to the chrome look, can't even tell the use I put into them

PowerBilt Grand Slam, oversized

Glad to see I'm not the only one playing Powerbilt Grand Slam's

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Mizuno Mp-60, <----- Sex on a Stick

Considering mp-67's though

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Mizuno Mp-60, <----- Sex on a Stick

Couldnt have said it better
WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

Couldnt have said it better

i thought the comment was fertilizing to my freudian theorizing of golf clubs as penis extensions

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Callaway pro x16's,great irons

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!