IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

G Prez: that's a question I am still asking myself. It honestly comes down to not liking the look of the most-likely-suspect Pings (Rapture or G5s) even as I drool a little when I look at the new Ping irons (i10 and g10).

You usually get fit for Pings. That's why they have all the different colored dots. The clunkiness is what I find charming in a Ping. If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife. That kind of thing. They're UGLY because they're GOOD!!!

Nike Sweet 16

Callaway Steelhead Plus 19*

Srixon I-701 3-P

Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 52* & 58*

Cleveland VP Milled No. 3

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an old set of Wilson Staff Firesticks. I am in the market for new clubs. This is probably the right time to buy...
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

i got hogan apex blades they are 40 years old

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

looking for Titleist DCI 962's if anyone has them

I bought a set of 962's back in 96. They where one of the first sets Titleist brought out before actually having "962" series on the heads. They have to be one of the best CB's titleist ever made.

Now to more important info. My 67's simply amazing. The control, feel and feedback is great for me. I'm a high ball srtiker as is, so the PX's 6.0 setup a great combination down to my MP-R wedges. If you got game, and like the looks of a blade, try these out!
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I play the X-18 and enjoy playing them. Not the best club to look at at address but there still my babies.

Will be upgrading to Mizuno MP-60's though, demo'ed them with a stiff shaft. Not only do they look fantastic, also gained 8-10 yards :)
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

Finally dumped the Acuity irons & picked up a set of Cleveland Launchers with the graphite shafts. These will last me until I hopefully get good enough where I don't need game improvement irons. But until then I am extremely happy.

Now, King Cobra but I want to change them for the X-20's.

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I use ADAMS GT500 Undercut - Widesole Irons. I like them just fine for my skill level, which is level "suck".
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I got a quick Q (sorry to hijack the thread)...I'm stuck between 3 sets of irons....Cleveland CG4, Adams IDEA A2, or IDEA A2 OS.

I am 22, 5'10" and roughly 185 lbs. I really only starting playing golf this summer and I've been using old clubs, my dad says they are roughly 15-20 years old. I can hit them good (distance), but I do tend to slice. Obviously more practice will help with this. I am wondering what set is the best to go with for my experience.

The IDEA A2 OS have 4 hybrids, which I'm not too sure I need, the A2 seem decent, but are the CG4 not a good choice for my skill level? I am willing to spend up to $400 and all 3 of these irons have good reviews. Just trying to get feedback on anyone with experience.

Thanks

MacGregor M565.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

playing Titleist 690 MB's, going to get them reshafted tomorrow actually.
Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

Note: This thread is 5616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!