IGNORED

Favorite Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any recommendations on a lightweight carry bag??? Currently using Titleist X66 and previously X58...seems a little cramped in terms of storage....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

• Administrator
Any recommendations on a lightweight carry bag??? Currently using Titleist X66 and previously X58...seems a little cramped in terms of storage....

The Schlings from Ogio are a solid bag, surprisingly easy to carry, etc. I'm assuming you don't have a REALLY thick neck though, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't have the Schling but have allways had Ogio's and never had a bad one.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have a Japanese Titleist stand bag which I use only occassionally. The strap is made by Izzo, perhaps the bag as well, and it is very comfortable to carry, even fully loaded.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

MY STAND BAG IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

I use a Callaway XTT Warbird Stand Bag. BEST BAG EVER.

The reason I bought this bag is because I hated how the legs on my other bags wouldn't support the weight of actual bag. My bag would fall over and even more likely, the ends of the stands would wear. I went through 2 bags in one season because the ends of the legs wore.

The Callaway XTT Warbird Stand Bag has a new unique stand system that won't wear anytime soon. The compartments on the bag are perfectly positioned and even comes with a spot to keep your drinks cool. The ends of the legs are held up by thick triangle shaped rubber anchors that with will not wear. IF THE BAG HAS SMALL ROUND RUBBER ENDS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEGS, DON"T BUY THE BAG, IT'S ! This is by far the best bag money can buy!

I've tried Nike, Ping (team golf bag, forced to use ), Sun Mountain, and Titleist. The Callaway XTT Warbird Stand Bag blows all of them out of the water.

Note: I hate Callaway as a company; The bag was so good I just couldn't pass it up.

If you like a superlight bag go with a Sun Mountain, only one remotley close to Callaway as far as quality; (they make Titleist bags).

If you don't mind carrying that extra 2-3 pds then go with the Callaway.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

I currently have the Callaway Chevron bag. It basically is a version of the Warbird with a little differrent top. BigHitta is right the legs and base seem to be an improvement. Ogio makes a lot of Callaways bags I believe. I have had two Sun Mountain bags, light durable, good customer service response when I lost one of the strap clips. A lot of the bags have Izzo straps because they have a patent on double strap process. If you like to shoulder the bag from the left make sure the straps can be set up for this. Some are right side only.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

HEY has anyone used the mizuno bags????
seems pretty good.....thanks for the callaway feedback...just like you I am not a big fan of callaway products so it's going to take a lot for me to use their bag....

In My Bag

Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

I'd like to get my hands on an Ogio Edge. I haven't felt the Schling system on the Vision or Flight bags but I liked the features the Edge presented. Erik, how do you feel about that bag?

905R 9.5˚ - UST Proforce V2
904F 15˚ - YS-6
695cb 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300
Vokey SM54.14 and SM60.08
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro V1x / Pro V1Cyberbilt

Why is it that no one likes Ping bags? I've had mine for about ten years now (granted I didn't touch my clubs for about three of those years).

905R 9.5* | Steelhead Plus 15.5*, 18*
MX-25 3-PW | T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Vokey SM TC 60.04
Special SI Anser II

• Administrator
I'd like to get my hands on an Ogio Edge. I haven't felt the Schling system on the Vision or Flight bags but I liked the features the Edge presented. Erik, how do you feel about that bag?

I love it. Great feel, lots of room, very easy to carry, looks good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why is it that no one likes Ping bags? I've had mine for about ten years now (granted I didn't touch my clubs for about three of those years).

Although Ping bags are very light they accomplish this by limiting storage. I have had durability problems with the legs also. They also get a price premium that is hard to justify with so many good bags out there.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

The Schlings from Ogio are a solid bag, surprisingly easy to carry, etc. I'm assuming you don't have a REALLY thick neck though, right?

Is the Schling strap a gimmick or does it really work well? I'm considering but I need more feedback too.
My Bag

Taylor Made: R580XD, Graffaloy Prototype Comp NT X
Callaway: Hawkeye VFT Pro 13*, Fujikura Vista Pro 70 S
Taylor Made: Rescue Mid TP 16*, Fujikura Vista Pro 90 STop Flite: Tour Grind 3-P, Rifle 5.0Cleveland: CG10 Black Pearl 54*Cleveland: Reg. 485 60*Heavy Putter: B1 malletT...

just bothers me to see the "hoofer" concept on the ping bags....looks too weird for me.....i walk most of the time so I really value it being very light with a good stand mechanism.....the legs on my previous titleist bag wore out after 1 year....

In My Bag

I love my Ping golf bags. I bought a Titleist bag and used it for a short time but went back to the Ping. I now have the Ping Hoofer Vantage. IMHO it is in a class by itself. Excellent storage capabilities and well thought out storage. Everything is right where you need it. Plus I love the way the straps retract into the bag evertime you set it down. I walk 75% of the time but for that 25% I ride I need a bag that can do both. I have found the Hoofer bottom is very cart friendly where a lot of carry bags are not.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!