IGNORED

R7 Superquad??

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone playing this yet? I was thinking of putting one in my bag because i heard its the sh*t. $375 new on ebay?

Golf magazine's editors choice over the new callaway and Nike drivers. Is it worth $400 or will you wait untill its gone down in a year or so?

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I own the 10.5 w/ Regular shaft. I currently hate the club!

I've played two and a half rounds with it, and am pretty disappointed with the results. During yesterday's round, I abandoned the club after five holes after spraying and topping (!!!) tee shots.

In fairness to the club, I have not given it a fair shake at the range. My club pro has asked me to come over with both my current and new driver and let him help me sort this out (change weights, cut shaft, etc.).

For me, I have no control over the larger 460 head. When I started using my old driver yesterday, things were looking good. I will post an update once the club is figured out..

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I play with the one and I love it, especially when I'm swinging right. It is long and I love the weighting system. I changed out the 1gm weights and replaced each with a 14gm weight, giving me a much heavier club head.

I would say I'm about 15yds longer.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

i dont own one but i demoed one on www.golfclubdemo.com (great website). I also think its a good club, much more forgiving than my r7 425. i have a tendency to hook it but that is also true of my 425. Its expensive but i think if ur in the market its a good club to try out

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

I have the Superquad and find it very easy to hit in the fairway, if I watch my tempo and don't overswing. After 2.5 rounds with it I hit only one shot that actually had side spin and I had to really overswing and cut across it to get that.

Like most new drivers it is designed with a little draw bias, so I moved one of the heavy weights to the toe to negate it. It seems to have worked fine.

The Superquad 9.5 launches the ball at about the same trajectory as the r7 425 with 10.5 degrees and after 45 holes with it I feel I am getting good results. My swing speed is only around 90mph so I got the R shaft. I may try the 10.5 with a stiff shaft to compare results.

I also hit the 425 with a lot of control so I am a big fan of the r7 design in general.

I have the Superquad and find it very easy to hit in the fairway, if I watch my tempo and don't overswing. After 2.5 rounds with it I hit only one shot that actually had side spin and I had to really overswing and cut across it to get that.

After extensive testing at the range and on the course, I am not convinced I hit the Superquad any better than the 425 with the Grafalloy Blue shaft. I am going to hit the 425 and various Superquads today on a launch monitor to see if perhaps a 10.5 club with a stiffer shaft shows any greater promise. The thing I don't like about these new ‘giant head’ drivers is that most of them feel like a feather in my hand. The 425 with the Grafalloy shaft feels "present" in my hands. I know where it is during the swing and have more of a feeling of control over it. It has the feeling of driving a nail with a hammer when I contact he ball. With the Superquad I can make a nice swing and get a good result but it is like flying on instruments. I look up after the swing to see the result but am totally relying on mechanics and faith during the swing. More later.

I play with the one and I love it, especially when I'm swinging right. It is long and I love the weighting system. I changed out the 1gm weights and replaced each with a 14gm weight, giving me a much heavier club head.

i swapped the 10 gram weights for 14 weights in my r7 ht driver and the results are a lot better, a havier head seams to the future of all my r7 clubs. tom

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

I hit several variations of the Superquad against the 425 with the Grafalloy Blue 65g shaft on a launch monitor yesterday and on average the results were pretty similar.

Again, the Superquad feels too light in my hands. I went back to the range with the Superquad and 425 today and again found I hit them about the same distance BUT the 425 on average was on line more often . I intend to give the Superquad back for a store credit and play the 425. Even if I hit it a little shorter on average, I'll hit more fairways and the net result should be better scoring.

I find moving weights in TM drivers depletes feel and distance. I hit the ball straight or left with a driver so I keep it at high nuetral and find it performs its best. I just demo'd a Superquad yesterday and I absolutely love the feel of this club, the ball springs off the face, Im not a fan of 460cc models, but i will play this club when the price goes down a bit.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!