IGNORED

Food and beverages during your golf round?

fusioncal
Note: This thread is 6062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on how my game is going. If I'm doing well Gatorade and water, if it's a lost cause Grey Goose on the rocks. I try and bring my own, if possible, and add a lime. Don't really eat much, it's hot in West Palm Beach and everything, even solid food, tends to melt if you don't eat it right away.

• 4 weeks later...
usually depends on who im playing with. But there is nothing better than a ice cold Coors light on a hot day of golf.
In my bag:
driver: R5 dual
3wood: war bird
11wood: war bird
irons: oversize with an old Wilson PWwedges: 52*and 60*Vokeys putter: Tracyball: MoJo

a banana before, h2o during, beer after!
WITB

Callaway FT-5 11°
Callaway X-HOT 15°
Sonartec HB-001 19° & 23°Callaway X-22 5-PWTitleist Vokey 200 Series 52°Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56°Titleist Vokey Special Grind 60°Scotty Cameron Mizuno M-100

In competition I'll have a banana every 6 holes. And I'll have a gatorade which I'll mix with water when half done. I'll also have trail mix with me. That's about it though. Having a big lunch at the turn has never worked for me.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I usually get a can of Coke and a Snickers bar at the turn, but I'm always carrying a bottle of water in my bag regardless.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I've got a question for you guys. Have you ever gotten held up by the groups in front of you and all you could do was just wait and eat? I have been there waiting for 3 groups in front of me finishing the hole. So what I did was to wait and eat some snacks and drink some water while having conversation with my friends in my group. When it's time for me to tee up, I couldn't really feel it you know. I was feeling a bit lazy. The adrenaline rush from previous hole was totally gone. Have you guys ever experienced that? What are the food to keep the mood on? Or what do you guys do in that situation?
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I don't usually bring anything, apart from lots of water / energy drinks.

Today though, I was teeing off at 8am, having been working the previous night. Got out of work at 6.30, after much coffee and red bul, home for a shower, and rolled up to the course. Munched on cocktail sausages! Love them!

As an aside; a lot of you guys seem to drink on the course. I take it you aren't driving, if you have more than one or two, so do you arrange to get dropped off and picked up, or get a taxi, or what happens?

andy.

The same thing happens to me. I get sort of "lazy" if I eat more than a few crackers or a piece of fruit while playing. I just stick to water and snacks until the last three holes, then I'll switch to beer for the homestretch.

• 2 months later...
I don't eat on the golf course. I'm usually haulin' butt walking 27 holes or so.....I do carry a water bottle that I fill up probably 10 or 15 times.....
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Coffee and a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on a onion bagel before the round.

A coke and/or a fruit punch gatorade to put in the cart.

The course I play at every three hole they have fcomplimentary water and I usually always grab one. It is the only time I drink water ever.

but I never eat during a round

Try not to drink booze while playing ruins my game, but at the 19th tee always order two right away and pound one down right away...
WHATS IN MY BAD:
SasQuatch Sumo2 13* with Aldila vs proto byyou graphite powered by zyvex (65-r)
Dunlop Alta 3 fairway wood
Copperidge 5 fairway wood
Copperidge 21* and 24* Hybrid (Given to me from father-in-laws set but I like them and hit the well)Ignite 3 Hybrid (part of the set)Ignite Irons 4...

Note: This thread is 6062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!