IGNORED

Hello from Kansas!

FowlPlay
Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm Tim, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Topeka, Kansas. What up?

Anyway, I guess I'll give you guys a (fairly) brief history of my background with golf.

When I was a kid, about 9-10, I lived in Iowa, with no friends. There was a 25 acre park behind my house with several open fields, and my routine was to go out there and play golf. I would pick a tree to aim at, and see how my strokes it would take to hit it, and pretty much play my own tournaments (lol). I kept playing, and I kept loving it more and more... I just wanted to get involved in some junior golf. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to, and we eventually moved to Kansas, and I stopped playing.

So 10-11 years later (2011), I saw some of the headlines from the Masters... specifically Rory McIlroy doing so well, then choking in the final round. I guess that was the start of my interest in golf again. I went on to watch Rory blaze through the competition at Congressional, and then enjoyed watching the tough conditions of the British Open.

Rory has remained one of my favorite golfers now, just behind the man in my avatar, and I'm also silently rooting for Tiger Woods to do well.

Now I've got this HUGE itch to go out and get to playing again. I just ordered a used golf set in good condition off Ebay, and I'm hoping to really get into playing regularly. I guess I just realized how much I love golf, and really wanna put in the time for it.

I suppose that is all I wanted to really say for now. I'll probably be in here frequently trying to get some tips on how to improve, so I hope you guys will have me!

-Tim

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!