IGNORED

So where is the "Tiger Choked" thread?

satch_ip
Note: This thread is 6230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yep, dumb thread.

In no way shape or form did Tiger choke. As Erik pointed out (and I rarely agree wit hhim ;) ) Tiger even told us where he lost it - 17, and 18 Thursday and Saturday. Hell, I don't even think it was that. He just didn't bring is A game. In fact he didn't bring his B, C or dare I say it his D game.

Again as been pointed out his driving was awful. Terrible. Everytime I saw him reach for it I cringed. *IF* and it's a big if, he'd left it at home and put in his 2 iron and used that and his 3 wood he'd have won. No question. He'd have been on the short stuff a lot more of the time, and he can still get his 3 wood out there a ways.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Sorry Cleveland Gunmetal - I didn't see your post before I made mine. It's pretty much the same idea.

Haha... no worries. We were probably typing it at the same time. To be honest I thought it was pretty obvious what happened but people like to get carried away with this Tiger choking thing (not just this forum).

I don't even want to hear this Tiger didn't have his A, B, C, D etc game. What does that mean anyways? He didn't play his best? Who did? Does that mean Tiger made mistakes? Who didn't? Geez... can we just say Zach Johnson had his A+ game? Everytime Tiger loses people like to make excuses for him. Even the best can't win every time. Zach was rock solid pretty much all tournament long and he deserved to win.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I don't even want to hear this Tiger didn't have his A, B, C, D etc game. What does that mean anyways? He didn't play his best? Who did? Does that mean Tiger made mistakes? Who didn't? Geez... can we just say Zach Johnson had his A+ game? Everytime Tiger loses people like to make excuses for him. Even the best can't win every time. Zach was rock solid pretty much all tournament long and he deserved to win.

We can.

But this thread is about Tiger, and whether or not he choked. Not Zach. I'm sure if you read the Zach thread you'll see people comment on how he played the best and therefore was a deserved winner.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

We can.

Okay. I guess my point was that when someone else wins it's assumed there was something wrong with Tiger. And In no way shape or form did he choke.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I didn't and I don't think you know what was going through Zack Johnson's head (his interviews don't show your opinion - he claims he didn't pay attention to the leaderboard).

Im not going to comment on Tiger choking because it has no rellevance, you could say he blew his chance to win with a poor driver.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Sorry its Erik not Eric, my fault.

I just spent an hour listening to the podcasts from espn radio of this morning's Mike and Mike show where i heard that Zach was waiting for Tiger's charge. I couldn't find it so i retract that statement.

As for the orginal question of the post, Tiger was in a position to win, one he has always won from, and he lost. Is that a choke? That is a subjective question. A previous poster suggested that Tiger should have hit 3w off the tee becasue his driver was all over the place. That is exactly what "you all" (sweeping generalization) said about Phil at the Open. Do you see the parallell?

BTW Erik, you can take a measure of satisfaction that its been too cold and wet here is South Texas to play. I wish you sunny skys and a gentle tailwind.

In The Bag:
R7 425 10.5 Fujikara ReAx stiff
3,5 Wood Aldila NV 75s
Rescue Dual 16 deg 3i hyb
R7 XD steel/stiff 52deg and 56deg TP White Hot XG 2 ballHome Course: River Crossing

• Administrator
As for the orginal question of the post, Tiger was in a position to win, one he has always won from, and he lost.

He did not have the 54-hole lead. That's the position from which he's 12-for-12 in the majors.

Is that a choke? That is a subjective question. A previous poster suggested that Tiger should have hit 3w off the tee becasue his driver was all over the place. That is exactly what "you all" (sweeping generalization) said about Phil at the Open. Do you see the parallell?

"You should have hit 3W with one hole to play and the lead" is far and away not parallel to Tiger's situation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate to use the word choke for any of these professioal golfers, whether it's Greg Norman or Phil Mickelson. These guys play on a level, physically and mentally, that non of us on this board will ever understand. I have to agree with Erik. Tiger was chasing the lead on a tough course with howling winds. Not quite a choke. And as most people know I'm not a big Tiger fan.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

They do get different press. I agree with that. But this was not "choking". Yes he was outplayed but Tiger did not double bogey the last hole to lose the Masters. He actually played a pretty solid round on a TOUGH golf course.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Agreeing with mostly everyone, I don't think Tiger choked. It's purely either the media or our own blindness to Tiger's greatness that he MUST win every major or any tournament he is within 7 strokes of. He actually played very well considering how crappy his game was. Like he said, "I turned a 90 into a 74" (Referring to Saturday). However, like most, I was hoping against hope, especially after he eagled....

Agreeing with mostly everyone, I don't think Tiger choked. It's purely either the media or our own blindness to Tiger's greatness that he MUST win every major or any tournament he is within 7 strokes of. He actually played very well considering how crappy his game was. Like he said, "I turned a 90 into a 74" (Referring to Saturday). However, like most, I was hoping against hope, especially after he eagled....

Well said...I agree I think we are just use to seeing him win majors and tournaments that he enters. And again it is not like this is the final chance Tiger had to win a major. He can't and won't ever be able to win them all!

As much as some of us would love to see him win every sinlge tournament he enters or lose every single tournament he enters there is no chance in either happening.

Note: This thread is 6230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!