IGNORED

Waterproofs, which one's?

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am needing to buy some rain gear, I like the idea of being able to zip off the sleeves mid-length. Don't really want to spend a ton. Also not sure what size. Do I go 1 size larger since I'll be putting them on over what I'm wearing? What do you guys use or recommend?

It's not who you are in life, but what you do and how you treat others that makes the difference.......

Spend as much as you can and buy the best stuff you can. When I finally bought good stuff (because a trip to Scotland made great rain gear a must), I could stop buying stuff. I shopped eBay and everywhere and bought good rain gear that I will use tomorrow.

Proquip

Sun Mountain

Zero Restriction

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

i bought some rain gear last weekend. I went to Golfsmith to buy some Footjoy gear but while I was there I tried some of Golfsmith's Brand Snake Eyes. I spoke a bit with the salesperson and was told they are made in the same factories as Footjoy and that it was actually a quality rain gear. I ended up buying the pants and pull over jacket and a pair of rain gloves for under $100. I haven't used them yet, I will try to give an update.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Sun Ice is of very high quality. I have had a GorTex jacket by them for almost three years and it is totally waterproof and breathes amazingly well.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I bought a FJ jacket from a PGA Tour Superstore that was on the discount rack a couple of years back for a steal.  It is totally waterproof and breathes great.  I do not have pants yet, but will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

Ive been doing some reading on rain gear as well and the Nike Storm-Dri is well regarded.

The jacket/pants set is about 130.00

Sun Mountain Four 5

Driver: Ping G5 10.5* regular

3 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 15* regular

5 Wood: Callaway Steelhead 17.5* regular

Irons: Ping Eye 2 3-W and Eye 2 SW

Putter: Ping Anser 4

Balls: Titleist HP2 Tour

Shoes: Footjoy Contour and Adidas Adicomfort 2

I'm a big Zero Restriction fan, all of my rain and wind gear is from ZR.  I have not paid retail for any of it, The Golf Warehouse also has something ZR on sale.  Also, eBay has a lot of the ZR products for a considerable savingins.  I basically bought all of my rain wear the same size as I normally wear, so an XXL top and XL bottom.  While I can't speak for all of the other manufactors of rain gear the ZR clothing seems to be made with the intent of it being worn over other clothing so I would suggest not buying a size larger, just buy the size you normally wear.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Thanks for all the input. I checked out the stuff from Golfsmith/Snake Eyes. seemed a bit flimsy for the price. I'm sure it would probably work out well but it's just my opinion based on the feel of it. I think I'm going to check out the Nike and the ZR equipment. Sun Mountain has too many bad reviews and FJ is just too damn pricey. Again, thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.

It's not who you are in life, but what you do and how you treat others that makes the difference.......

Has anybody ever heard of The Weather Company products? Price is right up my alley, but I don't want to buy them and find out later that they're junk.

Note: This thread is 4664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!