IGNORED

Pretty Basic Question - which balls to use

Note: This thread is 4645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's great that you got on so well with the AD333, I understand Srixon have now introduced a new

AD333. I tend to use the AD333 most days, but sometimes use the Srixon "Soft Feel", a very

similar price and quality, but I get good feel on the ball when chipping and putting.

Distancewise it is no different to the AD333.

Worth a try if you can get them at a good price.

My mate uses Pinnacles, they dont swing much, cost very little even for a new ball and go far.  Those qualities are perfect for the new high handicapper.  It wont stop the massive hooks or slices but it will decrease them in general.

my understanding is that they are not suited to high handicappers? I have a ton of pinnacles here but probably wont use them unless for practice balls as they seem to persecute every slight mistake i made i.e small slice becomes monster slice, non perfect pitches skate away like the green is made of ice etc. Idk maybe its all in my mind but even if it is i'm happy cause its helping my game

For a cheap, but playable ball, I use the Precept Laddie.  Obviously not the stopping power of the high end balls, but for the dollar figure, a solid ball.  I hit 'em straight and long, with decent control on and around the greens.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Note: This thread is 4645 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!