IGNORED

R7 Superquad

Note: This thread is 6221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Comments from Superquad owners? How is it? How compared to original R7 or R7 425? Also - how's the stock shaft or do you have a shaft recommendation for a 105-110 swing speed?

In the Bag -

425 Stiff
Rapture 3W
Rescue 16 D X18 Irons 50 & 56 Putter ProV1

I haven't played that many rounds with my Superquad but I love it. I set it up with a slight draw bias and I'm consistantly hitting about a 10 yard draw. But I can still hit a fade if I try to. I've never used any of the other R7s before. My previous club was a Nike SQ Tour. The superquad is longer and straighter than that driver.

I have a swing speed of around 120 and I think the shaft is just ok. The first time I get to a custom fitter, I'll probably get a custom fit shaft.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I haven't played that many rounds with my Superquad but I love it. I set it up with a slight draw bias and I'm consistantly hitting about a 10 yard draw. But I can still hit a fade if I try to. I've never used any of the other R7s before. My previous club was a Nike SQ Tour. The superquad is longer and straighter than that driver.

I love mine. I have it set at neutral, but exchanged the 1gm weights. I moved the 12gm weights to the 1gm position and bought 14gm weights and placed them where the 12gm weights used to be.

I'm not necessarily longer but it takes less effort to get the distance I normally would get from my old Hibore.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I love mine. I have it set at neutral, but exchanged the 1gm weights. I moved the 12gm weights to the 1gm position and bought 14gm weights and placed them where the 12gm weights used to be.

That's an interesting weight set up. I might have to try that! Sometimes I think neutral is still the way to go so it's not as hard to hit a fade.

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I appreciate the feedback, guys. I ordered one and am waiting for it now. I'm thinking about going right to a fitter regarding the shaft so there's never a question in my mind about whether the shaft is right or not. I read so many articles about the importance of the shaft - I've never hit anything but the stock shafts on clubs and it's been OK - but I'm going to eliminate all the possible shortcomings and see what happens. One other thing to both of you - is your R7SQ the regular or TP - I think the TP comes with the additional weights, right?

In the Bag -

425 Stiff
Rapture 3W
Rescue 16 D X18 Irons 50 & 56 Putter ProV1

I appreciate the feedback, guys. I ordered one and am waiting for it now. I'm thinking about going right to a fitter regarding the shaft so there's never a question in my mind about whether the shaft is right or not. I read so many articles about the importance of the shaft - I've never hit anything but the stock shafts on clubs and it's been OK - but I'm going to eliminate all the possible shortcomings and see what happens. One other thing to both of you - is your R7SQ the regular or TP - I think the TP comes with the additional weights, right?

My R7SQ is the regular one and I ordered the extra weights online...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I picked up one last weekend. It was a demo day and I hit a whole bunch of drivers from Titleist, Cobra, Ping, Callaway, and Nike before I got to the SuperQuad. Here's what I think:

Just as solid but noticably more forgiving than the original R7 I once had.
Great sound - best of all the clubs I hit.

The stock shaft is something special. I intended to buy a driver with an Aldila VS proto shaft. I tried a couple and it was close to what I wanted. But the RE*AX shaft was even better for me. I actually switched from a stiff Fujikura Tour Platform to a regular in the RE*AX. Actually, there was just a hint of difference for me between R and S. I think that's due to the shaft's low torque. The regular shaft also let me put a little draw on the ball which is something else I was looking for.

After some range time later this week it'll go into play next week. I think I've picked up ten yards. We'll see.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mine is the regular. I don't have the extra weights yet but I'm going to pick them up at my course.

In The Bag

5 Wd SQ X stiff steel

The main difference is going to be face angle, on the TP it is 1deg open and chances are the regular is going to be a deg or 2 closed....maybe neutral.

Note: This thread is 6221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!