IGNORED

Most Visible Ball Color?

Note: This thread is 4614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What color ball is most visible?

• Yellow
    • Orange
    • Pink
    • White

The more I look around, the more surprised I am at how NOT visible some manufacturers colors are.  Earlier this fall I almost tripped over a pink Crystal Precept that someone else had lost in the middle of a fairway.  It blended right in with the dirt.  Yesterday in a store I saw a box of yellow E6, but they looked almost like a pale green.  I think I could find any of the balls on the left as easily or more easily than a white ball, but the ones on the right look like they were designed with something other than visibility in mind.  Crystal balls in particular look difficult to play with.

golf ball colors.jpg

I've noticed I can see Yellow balls better, but they aren't mine. As mentioned I can other people's when I can't find mine. But I have 2 experiences that put me off colored balls. When orange balls were hot back in the 80's I jumped on them and tee'd it up with one while playing Bethpage Green in mid Oct. sometime. Hit a beauty off the tee, right down the middle and I watched it in admiration. Following the flight until it got back down to tree top level... never saw it again. It's Autumn, ding-dong! every frikkin leaf on the course is ORANGE! Then I received a dozen customized half-white/half green balls. they were great when you hit them- they strobed as they flew and you could really follow the flight. That is, until they stopped rolling on the ground and they would be "green side up". Another not so great idea in golf history...

Note: This thread is 4614 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!