• Announcements

    • iacas

      Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

      Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maverick

JPX 800 PRO vs. MX 25

6 posts in this topic

I've been playing with the MX-25's since last year..and honestly they are fantastic.  I got them used..but still hit like a dream.  Alas, as many of us, my eyes started to wander..and in the end I ended up with a very mint quality (new-like) set of JPX 800 PRO's.  I got to hit with them today and played a round.  I have to say they both have that typically awesome Mizuno forged feel..they feel a tad different..but both very nice.

The JPX 800 PRO's supposedly have a stronger loft (1 deg) and slightly less offset, but I didn't notice a difference distance wise. I'm trying to tell myself do I sell one or the other?  Dunno, if I should get rid of the MX 25's or the JPX 800 Pro's as I saw no real difference in playability.  The size of the heads are identical as well as the hitting area.  I'm just trying to make sense out of my situation and not one to keep multiple sets if irons.

Any prior MX-25 users out here who have..OR haven't..moved on to the JPX 800 Pro's?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!



Originally Posted by mvmac

Maybe this will help

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/mizuno_jpx-800_pro_review



Yes, I read that also..just curious to see if there are recent fellow golfers in a similar situation.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Maverick

I have to say they both have that typically awesome Mizuno forged feel..they feel a tad different..but both very nice.


In what way?? I was tempted by the 800's, but they were not as soft as my current irons. Actually, the only club that comes close is the MP53. This is of course my personal experience only. If one club offers something more than the other, then the choice is easy. For me, I have yet to find anything that takes my game to the next level. I have not tried the MP59 yet, but its on the cards. But again, if it does not offer me anything more, then I will not be upgrading.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

In what way?? I was tempted by the 800's, but they were not as soft as my current irons. Actually, the only club that comes close is the MP53. This is of course my personal experience only. If one club offers something more than the other, then the choice is easy. For me, I have yet to find anything that takes my game to the next level. I have not tried the MP59 yet, but its on the cards. But again, if it does not offer me anything more, then I will not be upgrading.



Sorry for being so vague..but for example, they both have that nice forged "soft" feeling that we all come to expect from the Mizzy's forged irons.  To be more specific, and to be honest, I have to say the MX-25's are feel softer than the JPX 800 Pro's.  Although the JPX 800 Pro's are soft, as well, but seems like the ball hangs on the face of the MX-25's a tad longer.  One thing I see why some have said the JPX 800 Pro's are long is for this reason and the stronger loft (about 1 deg more throughout the set compared to the MX-25).  So, yes, I agree that the JPX Pro's seem to be a tad "harder" for being forged compared to the MX-25's.

Another thing I noticed is that with the less off-set I have to be more aware of my release, can't cheat as much as the MX-25's.  I dunno if I'm getting used to the MX-25's and their playability..or if I need to just step up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Maverick

Sorry for being so vague..but for example, they both have that nice forged "soft" feeling that we all come to expect from the Mizzy's forged irons.  To be more specific, and to be honest, I have to say the MX-25's are feel softer than the JPX 800 Pro's.  Although the JPX 800 Pro's are soft, as well, but seems like the ball hangs on the face of the MX-25's a tad longer.  One thing I see why some have said the JPX 800 Pro's are long is for this reason and the stronger loft (about 1 deg more throughout the set compared to the MX-25).  So, yes, I agree that the JPX Pro's seem to be a tad "harder" for being forged compared to the MX-25's.

Another thing I noticed is that with the less off-set I have to be more aware of my release, can't cheat as much as the MX-25's.  I dunno if I'm getting used to the MX-25's and their playability..or if I need to just step up.


I have an ex demo MP67 that I rebuilt to the same spec as my current 6i (pured KBS, D1 swing weight) I play with and the 67 is not as soft as my MX200. I was also looking at upgrading which is why I toyed with the 67 to compare the numbers, but there was little to no difference. Did you use the swing DNA for shaft fitting??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
  • Posts

    • First round foursome clubchampionship was yesterday. First round is to cut the field to 16 pairs, format Stableford without handicap. You get 3 points for a birdie, 2 for a par, 1 for a bogey. Worse than bogey is zero points. My playing partner had the tee off on hole 1 and hit it left in the water. I had a shot avoiding some trees at 140y from the flag and hit it at 3 feet, par.  After 5 holes 9 points (1 bogey), but then a streak of 3 bad holes and still 9 points. But then 3 pars in a row and all together 11 pars and two bogeys (24 points) was enough to end 5th (best team 31 points).  Next weekend we will play against the team that ended 13th. That will be matchplay. 
    • Does it make sense to write ".........combined together"? Why not just write "............combined"? Let's not call the kettle black. Anyway..... the following are excerpts from The Australian Golf Club's Dress Code. They are not typical of what is expected in Australia, but  some of the snootier clubs are very strict and do little to change the stuffy reputation of the game. ‘Sporting attire’. Collared shirts which must be tucked in at all times. Tailored shorts to the knee, with a belt, may be worn. Closed in shoes must be worn with socks at all times (see Definitions for appropriate socks).  Men - Collared shirts which must be tucked in at all times. Trousers must be tailored and worn with a belt. Tailored shorts to the knee, with a belt, may be worn. When wearing shorts on the course, Members must wear long socks or short white socks which are either plain or which bear only a Golf Club logo. Anklet type socks are not acceptable. Shoes must be of a type which have been specially manufactured for the playing of golf.  Jeans of any description are not acceptable anywhere in the Clubhouse or on the Course. Children 12 years or younger are exempt.  If you turn up here wearing socks with a small Nike logo they will sell you a pair of plain white ones for about $30.
    • May 27th:- 10 mins full swing practice (Driver). Moved the tee further forward in the stance, and concentrated on sliding the hips to initiate the through swing.  
    • Whether I score better riding vs. walking depends on who I am with. I have two friends who are VERY slow players and if I am in the cart with them for some reason it cost my 5 strokes a round.
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. bigtosh90
      bigtosh90
      (27 years old)
    2. dopplegvnger
      dopplegvnger
      (25 years old)
    3. Frank62
      Frank62
      (55 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon