IGNORED

Golf Bag Drawstring?

Note: This thread is 1401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok maybe this is a stupid question but Ive been playing off and on for 20+yrs and all my golf bags seem to have a closed loop drawstring attached to them, nobody I've asked truly knows whats it for, and none of the golf bags I've bought explain as to its use, and google yields no results.... What the hell is this drawstring for??

IMAG0117.jpg

My bag already has an umbrella slot?

That's definitely for an umbrella. There should be a smaller, likely non-drawstring loop beneath it near the base of the bag. Do you have a picture of what you've been using for the umbrella? Some bags are strange. For instance, my friend's bag has 14 club slots, an extra putter tube, and an umbrella slot. EDIT: Though it seems that I can't read, he posted the second picture while I was still writing this post. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i guess this is just what i assumed it was for. here's an example of how i use it (i have a titleist lightweight stand bag with the same setup as this nike bag) - tip end of the umbrella is inserted in the nylon loop at the bottom of the bag, and the handle is secured by the drawstring.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Originally Posted by hanalei

So i have a 14 slot bag, and what i thought was an umbrella tube (see 2nd post), maybe its for the putter....

that's definitely a putter tube.

Originally Posted by hanalei

Ok maybe this is a stupid question but Ive been playing off and on for 20+yrs and all my golf bags seem to have a closed loop drawstring attached to them, nobody I've asked truly knows whats it for, and none of the golf bags I've bought explain as to its use, and google yields no results.... What the hell is this drawstring for??

Hahah...OK, no offense......but that made me chuckle.   It's all good!!!  That is what these forums are for!!!!!!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

/agree. Where you have your umbrella is a putter tube and the drawstring is for the umbrella, hence the small nylon loop at the base of the bag directly under the drawstring.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 8 years later...
Note: This thread is 1401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!