IGNORED

My Swing (iturn463)

iturn463
Note: This thread is 4481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello, this is my first upload of my swing and really the first time I've ever seen my swing on video. A little background - I was a baseball player all my life and after a career ending injury took up golf. I have been playing for about 3-4 years now whenever I get a chance. I play to around a 6 index, but my biggest problem has been getting off the tee.

Anyways, I only have two videos - one driver and one 6 iron swing. But any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

910 D3 - RIP X
910F 15* - RIP X
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 18* - Matrix Ozik
MP-68 3-PW - TTDG X100
Vokey Spin Milled 52* - Project X 6.0 Vokey Spin Milled 58* - Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

ProV1x

Swing looks great.  I'd like to see a face on view too.  It looks like maybe you struggle with something similar to me (I'm also an ex college baseball player), and maybe rely a tad bit too much on your arms/hands (though your swing is overall nicer than mine)?  Your right elbow points behind you at the top instead of more down towards your back hip.  What is(are) your common miss(es) off the tee?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mdl

Swing looks great.  I'd like to see a face on view too.  It looks like maybe you struggle with something similar to me (I'm also an ex college baseball player), and maybe rely a tad bit too much on your arms/hands (though your swing is overall nicer than mine)?  Your right elbow points behind you at the top instead of more down towards your back hip.  What is(are) your common miss(es) off the tee?

The OP's swing differs from a swing that a lot of sandtrappers are working on. What you've pointed out is certainly not a swing fault as the phrase "instead of" implies. I suspect he's a better player than the vast majority of regular posters, including those of us* frequenting the My Swing threads. Just my 2 cents.

* yes, especially guys like me

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

The OP's swing differs from a swing that a lot of sandtrappers are working on. What you've pointed out is certainly not a swing fault as the phrase "instead of" implies. I suspect he's a better player than the vast majority of regular posters, including those of us* frequenting the My Swing threads. Just my 2 cents.

* yes, especially guys like me

Totally.  Just from the swing vids (posted HC aside), OP is obviously a better player than me.  I'm for sure not trying to say I've got fixes for him, or what I say is def right.  His swing just struck me as looking a tiny bit armsy/handsy, and I struggle off the tee sometimes too and am also an ex college baseball player and a big source of my problems is that ingrained habit from years of swinging a bat to really drive with my right arm/hand.  For me, part of that is that my elbow will get high and that will encourage me to do too much pushing with that right arm, so I thought it might be useful for the OP to at least consider what's going on with his right arm and figure out whether that has anything to do with his misses or inconsistencies.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Very athletic move you have there. My guess is you tend to struggle with a hook, is that true? To be more helpful it would be great to have a face on view, and for you to let us know what your typical miss is.

The other suggestion I would make is to look into getting a high speed video camera. A Casio, something to help you see more frames of your swing. It will help you improve MUCH faster.

Michael

Thank you for the responses. As for my usual miss - Mchepp is correct. I struggle left off the tee. It has been less of a problem with the irons, but still can happen from time to time. It may be obvious, but those times are where I lose the most strokes. Typically, I can play par golf for 13-14 holes and then have a "blow up" hole or two. It is frustrating because my ideal ball flight is a fade.

I would take another video with a face on view, but I am back at school and don't get to play golf here due to the weather. Thank you for the comments.

910 D3 - RIP X
910F 15* - RIP X
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 18* - Matrix Ozik
MP-68 3-PW - TTDG X100
Vokey Spin Milled 52* - Project X 6.0 Vokey Spin Milled 58* - Project X 6.0

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 

ProV1x

Note: This thread is 4481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!