IGNORED

To steal a Titleist ad: How do you mark your ball? Or do you mark it at all?

Note: This thread is 5924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually just use a sharpie that is different colors and draw a line, this also helps with my putting alingment.

Keep it on the short grass.

My old softball nickname FLAP big letters so all the old timers at Bethpage do not think they found a new ball from god.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I put an orange dot to the right of the number and an orange line over "ProV1x" or "HX Tour" depending on the ball im playing.
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

My golf coach told the team that if we didn't mark our balls he would pretty much kill us. So, team color (red) over the ball style.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

When I was playing Stratas, I didn't mark them; no one else in my group ever played them. Even with the dozens of random pairing partners I had. But I did sharpie a circle over the number on any provisionals to clearly distinguish the two.

Now that I'm playing Titleists, I underline the word "Titleist" in blue sharpie. I'm playing DT So/Los, so I don't run into too many people playing those (most people playing Titleists are playing NXTs or Pro-V1s), but I underline it (a) just in case and (b) to easily distinguish the two in event of just seeing the word "Titleist."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 6 months later...
Does anyone have a link to the titleist commercial? A friend just told me about it yesterday on the course, and I haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

My golf coach told the team that if we didn't mark our balls he would pretty much kill us. So, team color (red) over the ball style.

Your golf coach knows something. That's not casual golf. Gotta follow the rules. If you don't put an identifying mark on your ball, every shot is a lost ball.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Does anyone have a link to the titleist commercial? A friend just told me about it yesterday on the course, and I haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance.

Go to this link to see all five versions and register to win a dozen

http://www.titleist.com/myt/default.asp?DIVKEY=TI-US

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I mark my NXT Tours with a blue 41 next to the factory ball #

41 is and has been my hockey # for many years

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Small Smiley Face in Blue Sharpie on the blank side of the ball between the logos. 2 dots for eyes and a sweeping smile.

When I tee it up, I make sure the ball is smiling at me before I swing...

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I'm a CPA and a CFP, so I mark my Titleist with a dollar sign $ using a green Sharpie above the Titleist logo. Pretty freakin' clever, huh.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

I draw a red line across the HX tour 56 bit to line up putters but make it look like an arrow (as if from a bow and arrow, something like >->->-------->) I also black out the numbers because i don't like to know what number i am playing.

Driver - 905r 9.5* with UST Proforce VT Stiff
3 Wood - SQ 3+ 13* with Grafallloy prolaunch blue Stiff
5 Wood - SQ 5* 19 with Aldila NV65 stiff
Irons - MP 67 3 + 5-PW 2deg Up + 1/2" with DG S300 shaft.
Wedges - SV 52/10 with true temper s400 BV Spin Milled 56/10 Wedge Flex BV Spin Milled 60/04...

Your golf coach knows something. That's not casual golf. Gotta follow the rules. If you don't put an identifying mark on your ball, every shot is a lost ball.

I've never understood where people make this stuff up from. There is no rule stating you must mark a ball.

What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

Note: This thread is 5924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!