IGNORED

My club was sold, and will now reopen (Versus being turned into a subdivision)

redsoxfan
Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year, october, my club was shut down for financial reasons.
It then re-opened for two weeks after a one week shutdown.

At the end of the two weeks, it shut down for good, was foreclosed on, and the auction was set for January 10th, 2012

all the rumours in town were about how developers were going to buy it for housing developments.

I was quite concerned, as I live on the eighth hole, and did not want a development in my backyard

luckily, an investor who runs a driving range/pitch & putt, batting cage establishment wanted to get into "Big Boy Golf" and purchased for his family to operate.

Now I cannot wait until spring. Club will be private (Vs. semi-private last year) which I am enthused about.

He is giving interviews to local newspapers indicating his desire to return it to the top notch course it was in the past.

April 15th can't come fast enough!!

Home Course: Hampden Country Club;  Hampden, MA

I do not know yet...

I had paid 50% for 2012.

Waiting for new ownership to reach out to the members.

I hope they'll do something.

Good news for you and I hope they honor your membership for next year at least. My only concern would be if the club will have enough members for it to immediately be a private club. It seems like a lot of private clubs are having financial trouble because of lack of members and a lot of them go semi private until the member base is built up.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

They likely won't want to alienate you or past members but it's tough to run a private club without membership initiation fees and annual dues.  Hopefully they have the capital to cover first years maintenance costs and have a strong model for signing up new members.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thing the new owner has is plenty of money.

time will tell if he is willing to spend it.

as of right now, he is saying all the right things to the locals.

we'll see.......................

Note: This thread is 4470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!