IGNORED

Need help buying mizuno clubs

Note: This thread is 4442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actually right where I'm living(Thailand) the epon dealer here has top of the line fitting tech. Plus they are 100 $ cheaper than the mizunos.. Plus the mizunos don't have swing DNA here in Thailand.. I'm working here and I get to play golf 3-4 times a week compared to in Europe as its really cheap here and also the courses are great.. I just feel that if I go epon 502 will it be too soft? I am a high tempo hard hitter

Playing for 3 months and scoring 89-93?

You're a savant.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks but it's just from practice and the amount of time spent on the course.. I play 18 to 27 holes a day for an average of 3 days a week.. I never thought I would love golf before I played but now it makes me the happiest guy in the world when I hit a ball on the sweet spot.. Best feeling in the world IMHO Anybody know how does the epon's 502 and the mp 53 compare to the r9 tp? In terms of rawness and feel?

The Epons and Mizunos are far superior to the R9s in terms of feel.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by The sandman

Thanks but it's just from practice and the amount of time spent on the course.. I play 18 to 27 holes a day for an average of 3 days a week.. I never thought I would love golf before I played but now it makes me the happiest guy in the world when I hit a ball on the sweet spot.. Best feeling in the world IMHO

Anybody know how does the epon's 502 and the mp 53 compare to the r9 tp? In terms of rawness and feel?

Epons 502s are soft yet clicky - typical of an Endo forging.

If you want sott vibrations, stick with Mizuno.

As to clubs - go with the most forgiving club you comfortably look at and admire - in fact, the more you like it, the more you'll twirl it in your hand. It's a combination of love and reason.

Write that down. You'll use it one day...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

As to clubs - go with the most forgiving club you comfortably look at and admire - in fact, the more you like it, the more you'll twirl it in your hand. It's a combination of love and reason.

Used. *licks his MP-59's* :-)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I think I'm going with the endos epon 502.. With true temper s300 120 gram shafts.. Hope I won't regret them.. The only reason being I couldnt feel much difference between the mizzy and the epon.. But Ive chosen the epon bcus of the fitting service that mizuno lacks here where I lived..

Epons 502s are soft yet clicky - typical of an Endo forging.

If you want sott vibrations, stick with Mizuno.

Duly noted mate..

Ok, I need to make up my mind.. I really like to feel feedback from my clubs, and I kinda like the mp 59 but I dunno if my swing is good enough for a consistent swing from it.. So the epon's are nice but I'm scared I will hate playing with it, I'm scared I won't feel feedback from the 502.. So can u guys just give me a vote before I make my choice.. Sorry.. I just don't wanna make a mistake

Ok, I need to make up my mind.. I really like to feel feedback from my clubs, and I kinda like the mp 59 but I dunno if my swing is good enough for a consistent swing from it.. So the epon's are nice but I'm scared I will hate playing with it, I'm scared I won't feel feedback from the 502.. So can u guys just give me a vote before I make my choice.. Sorry.. I just don't wanna make a mistake

My issue is that you just got in the game and may not appreciate a good club because you don't have a real frame of reference. Plus Epons are not easy to find and you should be fit for them. It's $$$. The Epon 502 is a players club - for a guy who hits his irons well - my son plays them and he scores in the 70s. You will get feedback. It's not a numb feel like a Ping or Callaway.

Of course, if you're looking at Epons and you're afraid of not getting feedback, I suggest Miuras. There are a lot of fitters for Miuras - try the 202 and 501 if you want a precise club. The 301 may be slightly more forgiving; then the 102. The most forgiving is the PP-9003. Miura doesn't have a lot of high tech gizmos like Mizuno or Epon. It's just a great, low tech forging built from years of knowledge.

Match them with Nippon, KBS or Steelfibers

Mr Desmond thanks for your thorough answer.. I admit that I don't know much cus of my limited time in the game, thanks to ppl like u and the others in this thread and your knowledge I narrowed it down to just the mp 59 and the epon 502, 302.. I don't have the luxury of having any Mira's around in the whole country.. Plus as it stands then epon's r cheaper than the mp 59 by 100 bucks.. I just want a club I can grow into but also forgives me haha.. So the epon 509 should be my best bet right? Anyway thanks for the tips, will post pics soon

Mr Desmond thanks for your thorough answer.. I admit that I don't know much cus of my limited time in the game, thanks to ppl like u and the others in this thread and your knowledge I narrowed it down to just the mp 59 and the epon 502, 302.. I don't have the luxury of having any Mira's around in the whole country.. Plus as it stands then epon's r cheaper than the mp 59 by 100 bucks.. I just want a club I can grow into but also forgives me haha.. So the epon 509 should be my best bet right? Anyway thanks for the tips, will post pics soon

Epon 502 irons offer forgiveness and high tech in a player's iron. My son (has played the 501 for 2.5 years) likes them. The 302 does not offer much forgiveness. You can grow into the 502.

Of course, it is also all about the shaft - hop on a monitor and try several to fit into that Epon head.

I tried the true temper s 300 and my swing speed is a tad little bit to slow for the s300 so they recommend the r300 with weight of 120gram.. I'm undecided wether I should get r300 or just take the s300 and improve my speed in the long run.. Thanks for the tips I made my mind up to use the 502's.. Cool beans mate

I tried the true temper s 300 and my swing speed is a tad little bit to slow for the s300 so they recommend the r300 with weight of 120gram.. I'm undecided wether I should get r300 or just take the s300 and improve my speed in the long run.. Thanks for the tips I made my mind up to use the 502's.. Cool beans mate

Try some other shafts - hop on a LM. DGs are cheap. Some guys recommend them because they are cheap - and you've got to go through a slew of them to find a consistent weighted set and flex.

DG Tour Issue are not cheap - but they are like rebar.

Try Nippon Blue Superpeening or Red or Nippon 1150, Try KBS...

Don't go with something until you try them on a LM

You're always better off having a slightly softer shaft than a firmer one. I'm smack bang in the middle of the 'S' flex band based on my DNA fitting but if I was on the lower end of the 'S' band I'd have opted to either soft-step S300 shafts or hard-step R300 shafts. e.g.

S300

Soft-stepped S300 / Triple hard-stepped R300

Double soft-stepped S300 / Double hard-stepped R300

Triple soft-stepped S300 / Hard-stepped R300

R300

The difference between a Soft-stepped S300 and Triple hard-stepped R300 is simply that a soft-stepped shaft will produce a higher ball flight than a hard-stepped shaft. The actual "flex" is the same but the ball flight will change.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

The MP-59's are phenomenal clubs. If I hadn't just bought my Taylormade MC's not but a month ago I would definitely have bought them. Everything about them is just unreal. They look amazing and are so responsive yet they still somehow give more forgiveness than I've seen out of any blade/muscleback/shallow cavity whatever you want to call it. I was hitting a demo at work on our launch monitor and hit one shot that was topped slightly and it went about 184 carry and about 191 after roll (our launch monitor reads irons about 5-10 yards strong for some reason Idk why) then hit another one still not quite perfect contact but solid contact none the less and it went 190 carry and hit the green, stuck and rolled to 193. They're a great club. I've seen several reviews saying they're probably the best players type iron you can get right now and I definitely wouldn't dispute that. Can't go wrong with them.

Note: This thread is 4442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!