IGNORED

range finder poll

kevntri
Note: This thread is 6194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. would you purchase a range finder again?

• yes
    • no

Would you purchase a range finder again?
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Nah. My home course has real good yard markers, and if I go anywhere else, I have an el cheapo range finder which gets the job done. I most often end up just guessing the distance since I don't bother with pulling it out, calibrating it, and then looking down the hole.

Now, if I were to actually get better at golf and play for money...it's another story, and I'd probably open the purse-strings and get the nice one.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have said it before and I will say it again. My laser rangefinder is as important a piece of equipment to my game as my clubs. I use it all the time. Not only do I get exact yardages now. I can play faster because I no longer need to pace off my yardages.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nah, I think they take some of the sport out of it. I have never owned a range finder and don't plan on it.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

It depends. If I play the same course all the time then no but I play a lot of different courses and there were many times that I would have to guess distance to a water hazard or how far to trees, etc. I don't use mine constantly but it is handy when I do need it.

Fred

In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 10.5° (Stiff Shaft)
TaylorMade 3-Wood: Ping I3 irons: Ping I3Wedges: PingPutter: Odyssey 2 ballHome Course: Golden West Golf Course

I have said it before and I will say it again. My laser rangefinder is as important a piece of equipment to my game as my clubs. I use it all the time. Not only do I get exact yardages now. I can play faster because I no longer need to pace off my yardages.

+1. I swear by mine.

I can't tell you the number of times my partners have come up with a yardage on a par 3 based on the posted yardage and pin position, and I've ranged it and found they were off by 10 or more yards. One or two yards doesn't matter to a guy like me, but when it's a whole club, it matters a lot.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Administrator

Ditto to both of the below. I'm faster, I'm more accurate, and I'm more confident.

+1. I swear by mine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks guys...
That puts me over the top
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

ordered the Bushnell 1500 pinseeker w/o slope
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid

ordered the Bushnell 1500 pinseeker w/o slope

You will love it. Enjoy.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• 2 weeks later...
I'm too much of a traditionalist to ever own a range finder but I have nothing against anyone else that uses one, and I'm sure they speed up play when properly utilized. I played The Palms in Disney last year and they have the digital yardage displayed in the carts. That was great for playing a course I've never seen before.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I used a bunch of American Express points on the Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 Slope Edition last year. It's some of the best money I never spent. Obviously being able to dial in the exact distance of the pin is great, but what I love is the ability it gives you to pinpoint the distance carry a hazard, or to the front edge of a bunker. It's also nice if you know you want to lay up to say 150 or so. Find your spot on the fairway, pick your club and go.

Apart from the cost, there isn't any good reason not to own one.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Heck Yes!

Great purchase! You'll see!

You know, I am hitting more greens since getting my pinseeker 1500 (w/o slope) but the really neat thing is that I am "pin high" MUCH more often. Even if I miss the green!

Enjoy!

Jp

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

Note: This thread is 6194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!