IGNORED

What makes your favorite tour player your favorite: wins, personality, potential, character?

Old1964
Note: This thread is 4446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Actually to me Watson has always seemed like a holier than thou prick. Like his shit don't stink.

I kinda agree...and he used to be a drunk that also supposedly dabbled in the Booger sugar back in the day, which makes him even less wholesome than he makes himself out to be. I like him and always felt he was one of the true greats but I don't always buy his goody two shoes persona he has been putting on lately. Though I do commend him for regaining his sobriety.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Great question.  Freddy is the coolest guy, with a sweet swing.  Such a shame his back prevented him from winning more.

I guess I like guys who play the game well with good humour.

I really like Jonathan Vegas.  What a nice guy he seems to be and he has the game. Hopefully he'll start playing more consistently to back up that win he got last year.

Luke Donald has managed to suffer through being world number one with no majors to his credit (read media monkey on his back)  quite well.  It looks as though that Rory (or Westwood) will supplant him as No. 1, but I get the feeling Donald will not get ruffled by this.  He's well spoken, humble and just goes about the business of playing solid golf without doing or saying anything stupid.

Ernie Els is another guy I thought has handled himself well, and he isn't shy about saying what he thinks.

Graeme MacDowell, Paddy and Darren Clarke all seem like genuine guys.

I guess my answer is, I like Irish golfers!  LOL!

Originally Posted by bilinguru

Great question.  Freddy is the coolest guy, with a sweet swing.  Such a shame his back prevented him from winning more.

I guess I like guys who play the game well with good humour.

I really like Jonathan Vegas.  What a nice guy he seems to be and he has the game. Hopefully he'll start playing more consistently to back up that win he got last year.

Luke Donald has managed to suffer through being world number one with no majors to his credit (read media monkey on his back)  quite well.  It looks as though that Rory (or Westwood) will supplant him as No. 1, but I get the feeling Donald will not get ruffled by this.  He's well spoken, humble and just goes about the business of playing solid golf without doing or saying anything stupid.

Ernie Els is another guy I thought has handled himself well, and he isn't shy about saying what he thinks.

Graeme MacDowell, Paddy and Darren Clarke all seem like genuine guys.

I guess my answer is, I like Irish golfers!  LOL!

Pretty hard not to like Freddy. Worst thing is, mere mortals like us can try to swing like him til the cows come home to roost, or whatever they say, and will probably have little to no results. It's so smooth and effortless looking, it's a joy to watch him swing. If he was playing a Champions tour event, I might spend a Friday or Saturday watching that instead of a PGA event, just because of Fred Couples. He's the man!

Note: This thread is 4446 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!