IGNORED

"Play the Golf Digest Way: Hone Your Game- From Green to Tee" by Golf Digest

iacas
Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Discuss "Play the Golf Digest Way: Hone Your Game - From Green to Tee" by Golf Digest here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted by Jasonbolt

Does anyone have this book? Any good?

I don't have it but I have looked through it at Barnes and Noble and it is chalked full of tips from many touring pros. I think the book has 300 tips that it covers. It seems like it would be very helpful and is on my list of books to get.

• 4 weeks later...
The one problem I would have with this book is that unless the tips were carefully chosen and edited to present a consistent set of instructions as a whole, I would guess that it would have significant potential to be confusing or at least far less than cohesive. People have different ways of learning physical skills - some can just pick it up watching others, some can read instruction, some need to be physically guided through the motions, etc... - and however it is that I learn best, I'll give the caveat that it's not from reading instructions (and I had no problems reading Tolkien by age 8, so reading comprehension in general has never been a problem for me). Having said that, I have often been amazed that so many of the tips I've read in Golf Digest and Golf magazines are written by people who communicate and teach for a living, as I will read through them a couple of times and still say "Huh?" I find many of those instructional articles to be very unclearly written and it's not just because for every problem in golf, there seems to be sixteen different ways to skin that cat. I can't cite to any examples off the top of my head, but I am positive I have read tips over the years in different issues that seemed contradictory in nature, particularly with regard to weight shift, ball placement, and swing plane. Erik or anyone else who teaches golf, can you comment on this - is it simply me and my no-better-than-partial understanding of the golf swing, or are golf magazine instructional articles as inconsistent as I find them to be?

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!