IGNORED

My Swing (michfootball97)

michfootball97
Note: This thread is 4421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm no pro, but I check my swing path every once in a while by doing a couple things.

1.)If you have somewhere that you can swing where there is a wood fence, pick a leaf or something in the grass as the ball and put it about 3 or 4 inches away from the fence. Now hit that leaf, but dont hit the fence. If you've never had a swing path that comes from the inside this will not feel comfortable to you at first.

2.)At the range where you are hitting balls put a ball a couple of inches behind and a couple of inches outside of the ball you're trying to hit (so that it'll be in the way if you're swinging out to in). Hit the ball you're trying to hit without hitting the other one. This can be done with any number of items such as tees,old shafts, etc... Old shafts are good because they can be used as an alignment aid at the same time so you can keep that in check while working on the swing plane.

3.)Put a headcover under your right armpit. It should stay there until well after the ball is gone. It will fall out in the follow through. Combine #3 with #'s1&2 from time to time.

Like I said before this stuff will annoy you and will be uncomfortable at first. Not to try to give you too much to think about, but double check other things too from time to time such as swaying, leaning, squatting, etc... Any one of those things during your swing will make you deviate from a good impact position unless you do something miraculous to compensate from it. Think about just rotating around your spine. A couple of good people to watch vids of IMHO are Hunter Mahan and Steve Stricker. If you are visual and translate things you see well, then watch swing vids and analysis of these two gentlemens' swings.

:nike:Covert Tour

:wilson_staff: Fybrid RS 15*

Irons??

:tmade: Tour Preffered 54* & 60* w/ ATV grind

:rife: Trinidad Tropical

Note: This thread is 4421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!