• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livendie4golf

Rhode Island's Top Courses

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone here played any of the top courses in RI?  Thoughts or comments on any of these?

Newport CC, Wannamoisett, Agawam Hunt, Carnegie Abbey, or Rhode Island CC

A lot of great courses is such a small place.

Yes Newport National is a great course. Very difficult if you are not used to the fescue ( you may lose some balls in there ) but its a great value and a great golf course. Rhode Island CC is a private course... Ive never played

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • This is the interesting question.  If he hadn't been drinking, there should be no reason to refuse the breathalyzer.   Surely he's not stupid enough to tell a boldfaced lie in his statement that will easily be refuted.
    • Number one, I had no idea there was a free rules of golf app. Do you have to be a member of the USGA? Because i'm Canadian, and Golf Canada doesn't give us free anything besides a crappy quarterly magazine. I didn't have a current rules book with me, as I was forced out of the game for almost 3 years due to a workplace injury. I encountered a situation that had never happened to me before and asked a simple question. 
    • Hmm, where have I heard that a DUI arrest is a medical issue before? Oh yeah, when his agent was arrested for DUI: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-agent-mark-steinberg-arrested-drunken-driving-charges Color me skeptical. Not that it really matters. A DUI for an "unexpected reaction" to medication, which probably has a warning on it not to drive when taking it, is just as serious as a DUI for alcohol. If he's going through personal issues, I hope he sorts through them. But he shouldn't get a free pass because alcohol was not involved.
    • I figured it was meds, and while it still bothers me, i'm not as dissapointed as I was when I thought it was alcohol, just because I know how meds can affect you without even realizing it. I went through third degree burns to my left leg, and I did the same thing as him (though I wasn't caught or charged) for a few days thinking I was fine, before once becoming suddenly very tired at the wheel, I mean nodding off like a heroin addict. I had to pull into a parking lot and call some friends to come pick up me and my truck. I didn't drive again until I was off the meds. But it was a reaction I wasn't expecting. I had been tired throughout the ordeal after my surgeries, but I thought it was just my body telling me I needed rest. I had no experience with pain meds, or the anti-anxiety (Clonazepam or some such drug) meds they gave me after my workplace accident, and didn't know how they were affecting me.    I'm not defending Tiger, just like i'm not defending what I did. Had I been caught, I would have rightly been charged, just like Tiger.    And if you think driving at 3am post-surgery when you've slept most of the day and can't sleep at night is something out of the ordinary, I don't know what to tell you. I still go for a drive in the middle of the night when I can't sleep sometimes.  And in Tigers case, he is apparently also a known insomniac. 
    • Uhhhh…? You can have a different reaction weeks into a set drug regimen. Plenty of other factors can change. Dosage. Lack of sleep. Diet. The specific times you take things. I don't much care either way (he should not drive impaired - that puts others in danger) as it's off-course stuff, but I still like facts and dislike speculation.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. kuyarey
      kuyarey
      (36 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon