IGNORED

Another delusional amature with big dreams

801duckhook
Note: This thread is 4525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone my name is Joe and I'm from Utah, but I spend the winters in Vegas.  I'm a scratch golfer and I have been for the majority of my adult life.  I just turned 30 and in a week I'll be celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary.

I joined this forum to find other golfers out there that haven't given up on their childhood dream of making a living playing the game they love.  Yes I said making a living, not beating Tiger or Phil on Sunday down the stretch.  Just making a living playing the game for yourself.  This isn't my first time dedicating myself to the cause.  But I hope I'm wiser, calmer, and more ready for the emotions that comes with failure.  I'm looking forward to the failure, sounds crazy right.  Failure means I tried and tried and tried.   Because when you don't fail then you have succeeded.  So bring on the dreamers, the ones whose hands are black and blistered from swinging a 5 iron into a net in their garage.  The ones who can't pick up a pen at work on Wednesday morning because their hands are so cramped from the range on Tuesday.  The ones whose 3 year old son knows the difference between a fade and a draw.

Hi I'm Joe.

What's the alternative?? Life a life of regret?? Is that really something to look forward to?!

You're already part of a small group that has the balls to dream, be open about it, and chase said dream, knowing you might fall flat on your face. I say, there is no better way to live!

Note: This thread is 4525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!