IGNORED

How would you pay for........

Note: This thread is 6186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking into getting fitted for Callaway X-20's. But I am trying to find out what a good price is to pay for the fitting. Launch monitor included. Anyone know. How much did you pay?

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

It cost me $50 for an iron/hybrid fitting with a custom clubmaker. That cost was NOT able to be applied to the price of irons he made me. I think some of the larger stores will fit you for free if you buy from them, as will demo day manufacturer vans.

Good luck with the new clubs!!

Tom

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Yeah, I think $50 is pretty standard. We have a store here that will fit your irons for that price. But do you already have the X-20's or do you plan to buy them? If you plan to buy them the fitting should be included. Good luck.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I am looking into getting fitted for Callaway X-20's. But I am trying to find out what a good price is to pay for the fitting. Launch monitor included. Anyone know. How much did you pay?

Like others have said, if you are buying the irons you're being fitted for, there should be no fee for the fitting.

Also, you mentioned using a launch monitor for the fitting - this is unnecessary for an iron fitting.

Like others have said, if you are buying the irons you're being fitted for, there should be no fee for the fitting.

I agree. I bought a set of irons at a local golf store; "fitting" was free with purchase of clubs. Several months after buying the irons, I bought a Callaway FT-3 Fusion driver (with free Fusion airway wood) from the same golf store -- fitting including launch monitor analysis was free.

I agree. I bought a set of irons at a local golf store; "fitting" was free with purchase of clubs. Several months after buying the irons, I bought a Callaway FT-3 Fusion driver (with free Fusion airway wood) from the same golf store -- fitting including launch monitor analysis was free.

That's a great deal getting a free launch monitor analysis with a driver purchase! Many pro shops/stores will still charge a fee - maybe $25 or $50 - for the monitor, or give you a discount off of their typical launch monitor session fee.

It also depends on the quality of monitor the store has. If it reports the 4 major specs (launch angle, ball speed, clubhead speed and ball spin rate) and it's a quality machine, it's worth paying for (if they're charging). If even one of those specs is missing, I wouldn't pay a penny.

I paid a local pro $35 to fit my X20s. I had already bought them on line and he was gracious enough to let me come to his country club and be fit. (I am not a member there.) He wrote the measurements down and I called Callaway and got my RA# and sent them in the next day. If all goes as planned I should have them back prior June 12.

Note: This thread is 6186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!