IGNORED

Kapanda's golfing disasters

Kapanda
Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kapanda

U.S. Soldiers and Airmens Home Golf Course

HOLE

OUT

IN

TOTAL

62.4/119

White

Par

Score

+/-

ESC Adjustment

Penalty Strokes

So after a long hiatus coz of exams... I still suck in embarrassing proportions.

Got to get lessons ASAP!

Is that a 13 on a par 3? Not trying to embarrass you opr anything, so dont take it like that, but how is this possible? What happened?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Chas

OP:  yes, but think of how much better your score will be when you cease to 3-putt and fail to exit a bunker on almost every hole like I used to do.   You will soon be the most improved golfer on the forum

I shot an 81 the other day with five,  yes FIVE (5)  3-putts.

Today I couldn't hit the green....   it's a constant battle when you're not consistent....

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Is that a 13 on a par 3? Not trying to embarrass you opr anything, so dont take it like that, but how is this possible? What happened?

I read this yesterday and thought the same thing. 13 on a par 3? Gotta be a typo, you could probably use a putter from tee to green and score lower!

Not trying to slag the OP, I'm no great shakes either.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The pro at my club replaced the club for free... with what he says is a better club (**** do I know...) That was cool of him. The clubs aren't mine and I will be getting a new set soon for myself. The ones I'm using right now I am borrowing from my school.

So, that's that.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I read this yesterday and thought the same thing. 13 on a par 3? Gotta be a typo, you could probably use a putter from tee to green and score lower!

Not trying to slag the OP, I'm no great shakes either.

Originally Posted by kw purp

Came out the gate hot lol. Definitely work at the driving range before playing again. Just going to get yourself angry and your game will go nowhere

A lot of my score comes from dumbass hacking, golfing is really exposing my lack of self-control.

Also, this is how I am counting penalties, not sure if correctly: if ball disappears, go back to tee, take a penalty stroke and hit again, so that would be 3 strokes just coming out of the tee, and if it later lands on water, that would be 3 more strokes on similar principles... is that correct?

The pro at my club replaced the club for free... with what he says is a better club (**** do I know...) That was cool of him. The clubs aren't mine and I will be getting a new set soon for myself. The ones I'm using right now I am borrowing from my school.

So, that's that.

A lot of my score comes from dumbass hacking, golfing is really exposing my lack of self-control.

Also, this is how I am counting penalties, not sure if correctly: if ball disappears, go back to tee, take a penalty stroke and hit again, so that would be 3 strokes just coming out of the tee, and if it later lands on water, that would be 3 more strokes on similar principles... is that correct?

Lost or in the water are each a stroke and distance, so say you lost your first tee ball, then put your second tee ball in the water, you would be lying 5 off the tee.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Lost or in the water are each a stroke and distance, so say you lost your first tee ball, then put your second tee ball in the water, you would be lying 5 off the tee.

So say you hit your tee shot in the fairway, and then top #2 10ft in front of you into the water.  I know you're now lying 4, but does the distance part mean you would move back 10 ft from where you hit #2?  So you were lying 2, 10ft behind the water, and now you're lying 4, 20ft behind?

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Thanks for sharing very similar to my first round (I think mine may have been worse) .   Like the man said just swing easy good things will happen.  Keep playing and remember to have a good time.

Originally Posted by BeRich

So say you hit your tee shot in the fairway, and then top #2 10ft in front of you into the water.  I know you're now lying 4, but does the distance part mean you would move back 10 ft from where you hit #2?  So you were lying 2, 10ft behind the water, and now you're lying 4, 20ft behind?

the distance part means you lose a stroke, and hit from where you hit the ball you lost.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

the distance part means you lose a stroke, and hit from where you hit the ball you lost.

Oh ok, that makes more sense.  Thanks!

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Hmm, guess I have been playing incorrectly.  If I hit a ball into the water hazard,  I have been dropping at a point where the ball went into the hazard,  no closer to the hole and on a line from where I had previously hit the ball from;  ...not from where I originally hit it from. I did not think where water was concerned that there was a distance penalty involved.

Originally Posted by johnwayne

Thanks for sharing very similar to my first round (I think mine may have been worse) .   Like the man said just swing easy good things will happen.  Keep playing and remember to have a good time.

Yeah, I'll keep updating this with every round I play. It will take a while till I play my next round though. Have to hit the range and the greens for a while till I'm ready to actually hit the course.. coz obviously I was never ready.

Originally Posted by scv76

Hmm, guess I have been playing incorrectly.  If I hit a ball into the water hazard,  I have been dropping at a point where the ball went into the hazard,  no closer to the hole and on a line from where I had previously hit the ball from;  ...not from where I originally hit it from. I did not think where water was concerned that there was a distance penalty involved.

You are doing it correctly.    Your options are:

1)  play it out of the hazard with no penalty  (if it's completely in water this is obviously impossible,  this applies to streams etc,  that may be marked off as hazards,  where you're beyond the stakes,  but still can see/play your ball)    Same as a bunker though,  you can't ground your club.

2)  Re-Hit from where you are.

3)  Point of entry,  on the same line,  and you can go back as far as you want on that line,  no closer to the hole  (anyone knoIIw if you can go back FURTHER than your original shot was from? )

In regards to my last question that I just thought of....   say you're in front of a pond,  50 yards off the green  (say you don't like that distance etc.)  and you top the ball into the pond...  can you drop at 75-80 yards  (let's say you prefer that distance for whatever reason)  as long as it's on the same line?

Originally Posted by Fore Left

You are doing it correctly.    Your options are:

1)  play it out of the hazard with no penalty  (if it's completely in water this is obviously impossible,  this applies to streams etc,  that may be marked off as hazards,  where you're beyond the stakes,  but still can see/play your ball)    Same as a bunker though,  you can't ground your club.

2)  Re-Hit from where you are.

3)  Point of entry,  on the same line,  and you can go back as far as you want on that line,  no closer to the hole  (anyone knoIIw if you can go back FURTHER than your original shot was from? )

In regards to my last question that I just thought of....   say you're in front of a pond,  50 yards off the green  (say you don't like that distance etc.)  and you top the ball into the pond...  can you drop at 75-80 yards  (let's say you prefer that distance for whatever reason)  as long as it's on the same line?

I believe the answer to 3 is yes, you can drop at the point where the ball crossed the hazard but no closer to the hole.  Further away is OK though.

So, that's that.

In addition to hitting the range, it sounds like you need to work on your mental game. Sounds like you're getting frustrated, and that's going to affect your shot too.  Golf it seems is 90% physical, and the other half is mental, and the mental half is not much easier.

Kapanda, have you taken any lessions yet?  I didn't take the time to re-read the entire thread, so I apologise if this has already been addressed.  I've found that an hour with an instructor can correct more flaws in a swing than several hours on the range by yourself.

Note: This thread is 4282 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!