IGNORED

What was your greatest milestone in your golf "career"? Breaking 100, 90, 80, or 70?

ajst22
Note: This thread is 3967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What was your greatest milestone in your golf "career"? Breaking 100, 90, 80, or 70?

• Breaking 100
    • Breaking 90
    • Breaking 80
    • Breaking 70

Breaking 80. I broke 90 pretty quickly after I took up the game again (I quit after high school and didn't play again until I was 28), because I already had a basic knowledge from my caddying days. It took me a long time to get under 80, and it was all in my head. I would become aware at some point of the round that I was on track and it just derailed me. One day, I was 2 over after 12 holes. I said to myself on the 13th tee that I only needed to make 5 bogies and a par going in and I shoot 79. What kind of thinking is that? But it happened all the time.

I finally did it in a Club Championship A flight final (match play) because I was so focused on every single shot that I was never aware of what my score was. I ended up shooting a 78, but I lost the match on the 19th hole. Bittersweet, to say the least.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The first time I broke 80 was great.  But my most memorable round was even par through 9 from the tips.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

I clearly remember the first time I broke 100 and I remember where I played and what I scored because it was a 93!!    With that said, I didn't vote for that...LOL

My scores dropped so fast that I don't even remember the first time I broke 90 or 80 for the first time.    I voted for breaking 70 because that was a pretty big deal for me, and it was something I never thought would happen.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Breaking infinity.  Took my son on his 2nd ever golf round.  He's 19 months old, but putted the ball with a little help from Dad, about 8 ft or so.  He ran after it, and wanted to putt again.

2nd milestone was playing golf with my Dad at his corporate tourney in the 1990's.  1st time to ever break 90, and all his work buddies were giving me grief about my long hair, and we played from the blues.

• 4 months later...
Saw this thread and was thinking of starting a new one about breaking 100. I don't think I will forget 93 on 8th of June 2013. It's been a long time coming. Its also ironic as this was the same course when I decided to quit because I couldn't see the point of playing golf wasn't fun I wasn't improving not enough time to practice or play. That was 3 years ago only decided to play again 9 months ago. I have a practice net and just leave it out. Incredible sense of satisfaction to know I can play a bit. It seemed easy too which is weird and like why has it been 6 years for me to do this? 90 which seemed so far away doesn't seem to be that difficult as I just made only a few bad shots and it could be in the high 80's. If you can believe it my last round was 109 so really stoked right now glad I broke 100 comfortably

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Although I had done it twice before the "breaking 80" round that meant the most to me was shooting a 78 at PGA West's Palmer Private course.  Par 72, slope 146, course rating 74.3.  Other than five three putts it was the best round that I had ever played.

Note: This thread is 3967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!