IGNORED

Ross Bridge

Note: This thread is 6314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

gotta give a quick shout out to Ross Bridge. Played it for the first time this past weekend and it is definitely in my top 3 list (Whistling straits and pinehurtst are the other two).

Tips are 8200 yards (the longest in the US i believe.) I played the 7400 yard version and it definitely played that long. Most holes demand accuracy and power off the tee. Lots of good par-4s requiring a long iron approach and nice longer par-3s. You can make up some shots on the par 5s if you can bomb it off the tee, only one of them is truly a three-shot hole.

Course is in immaculate shape, greens are very well bunkered and i would go back in a second. If you are in the area, its definitely worth the tip.

(also, I loved the short course at oxmoor valley, the Trail course next door. 18 hole par-3 course with 9 holes over 200 yards.) Played it in 2.5 hours and it definitely kicked my butt. For $15, it might be the golf value of the century.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

7400 from the whites? That's friggin insane.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

there were six tee boxes in total, 6700, 6200 were also options for men.

What's in the bag:

Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I played Magnolia Grove today, the Trail course in Mobile that hosts the LPGA Tourn. of Champions. It too has an incredible par 3 course. I highly recommend the Trail's par 3 courses. I think the Magnolia Grove par 3 was rate the best par 3 in the country for a few years. Not sure about now though.

If the one up at oxmoor is similar then I agree with you about the value. Splendid.

Magnolia Grove is also in excellent shape right now. I played the 6100 yard tees today on the Falls. The whole course looks great...and I actually played well on the Falls for a change.

Burner 10.5° (Mitsu Fubuki 63TPR)
QuadPro 13° 3W (ProForce65 S-flex)
Snake Eyes Viper450 22° 7W (ProForce75 S-flex)
755 forged (Tri-Spec stiff)
Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56°/10° Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 62°/4° i-Series Half Moon Tour B330

Played Ross Bridge the Wednesday after the Champions Tour event. Ross Bridge is not worth the $125 fee charged at this time of year IMHO. Beautiful resort course (wide fairways and big greens - also confirmed by the low slope and course ratings considering the distance)

Black - 78.5/135 Purple - 74.9/127 Orange - 71.3/118 White - 68.7/117 Teal - 70.2/123

Now I played the Orange while doublesuited77 played the Purple (which may change a lot of the shot selections) so that can also be a part of the difference in opinion.

but

if you want a real challenge on the Robert Trent Jones Trail, play the Judge at Capitol Hill and it's only $55 a round at this time of year. The Judge is without a doubt the toughest course I have ever come across...unbelievable greens(like glass and the undulation - OMG) and the course is beautiful.

look at these numbers for The Judge:
Purple - 77.8/144 Orange - 72.6/132 White - 69.3/129 Teal - 68.3/121
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Forgot to also mention the The Judge has a 710yard par 5 on the 10th from the tips
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Played Ross Bridge the Wednesday after the Champions Tour event. Ross Bridge is not worth the $125 fee charged at this time of year IMHO. Beautiful resort course (wide fairways and big greens - also confirmed by the low slope and course ratings considering the distance)

I like the Judge alot, but i don' think the condition of it is anyway close to Ross Bridge (which is PGA tour quality IMO). Agree about your point about large fairways, however, on most holes, if you want a decent approach to the decent, you need ot be in a certain part of the fairway to have any angle.

What's in the bag:

Note: This thread is 6314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!