IGNORED

Hello from Wyoming

GolfGhost
Note: This thread is 4485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My way into golf is strange.  My BIL got married about 6 weeks ago on a golf course, and with the ceremony and reception he got a free round of golf for him and his 3 groomsman.  Didnt even know about it until the day before we played.  Since it doubled as a bachelor party of sorts, we drank beer the whole time and did a shot every third hole.  We got blasted, but through it all I had fun.

About 10 days later, I was in Albuquerque and found myself with a free afternoon, so I hit the Tieras Arroyos course on Kirtland AFB, and I wanted to play 18 for real and not get drunk.  I teed off from the 1st into the 9th fairway, hit it from there to the 2nd tee box.  Almost ate the money I spent and quit.  But, I didnt.  I skipped the 1st hole after those two hits and teed off from the 2nd, right down the fairway and then bogeyed.  3rd was about the same.  I was hooked.  I went on to shoot a 109 on my first ever round, and that included crediting myself with a triple bogey for the 1st hole I basically skipped.

Since then, my wife bought me a set of clubs and is golfing with me.  I try and golf once a week and I see myself getting marginally better.

I am glad to have found this forum and hope to learn something and maybe in the future help someone else.

Welcome to the site.  If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4485 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!