IGNORED

Finally getting wedges

trackster
Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing with multiple wedges may not be necessary, but I sure think it is fun.  Being able to take a full swing with a lob wedge to get over a bunker is a lot easier than a 1/4 swing with a 54 that could likely end up in a bladed shot that flies over the green.  That is my opinion, at least.

Driver:  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons: :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

Originally Posted by BioGolfNebraska

Playing with multiple wedges may not be necessary, but I sure think it is fun.  Being able to take a full swing with a lob wedge to get over a bunker is a lot easier than a 1/4 swing with a 54 that could likely end up in a bladed shot that flies over the green.  That is my opinion, at least.

Or those times you're in the fluffy stuff and the flag is 4 paces on right in front of you, and you take a full swing with a 58-60* and watch the ball go 5 feet. It's almost hilarious to see, and super hard to pull off, but very useful. If you blade it...HA HA.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

A full swing with my 60* sends the ball about 80-90y. Near the green I find myself playing all kinds of different clubs with different techniques.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love these clubs.  Went out for my first round and just goofed off with them the first 5 holes since the course was wide open.  I dropped balls around the 100 yard mark on most holes to see what I could do.  I read online that people couldn't get these to stop.  I found this laughable, the first shot i hit stuck and took about a 2 inch hop to the right and stopped.  I never had a shot go 2 yards past its ball mark.  I had to fix quite a few ball marks on the day, but I think that a GIR is always worth the repairing of a ball mark.  On the last 4 holes I decided to play golf again and I ended up going Par, Par, Par, Bogey.  Including sticking a 60* wedge from about 75-80 yards to about 8 feet on the first hole.  One thing I have noticed is that these clubs are fun to practice with.  I spent a good 25 minutes after my round just hitting shots onto the putting green when my round was over.

I spend a lot of time on the range practicing wedge shots. One drill I do, actually I do it with every club I use from 100y and in, is to pick a target on the range and work balls out to it and back in 10y increments. I'll run through that with shots to feel what it's like to flop at 5y-15y-25y etc. Rinse and repeat with low runners and whatever.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!