IGNORED

My Swing (iPutt)

iPutt
Note: This thread is 4328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Roughly 3 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: Around a -16.5 but my average scores have been lower than that lately

My typical ball flight is: High with irons (possibly due to somewhat game improvement irons) and mid-level (ideal) with woods.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: There are still remnants of my over the top move that used to be extremely prevalent in my swing, but I've really worked hard to get rid of that. When I get off plane now, it's usually just a bit above plane and usually leads to a slice (although not the banana slice that it used to be) or a pull. I'm always conscious of my swing plane now, and really try to take the club back on plane.

-This is my first video I've ever submitted on this site, as I've been trying to become more of a regular member and have a semi-decent swing before posting. Just some things that I've noticed, my right arm throughout the swing could really use some work and my footwork definitely needs improvement. Also, I'm not sure if I'm taking the club away too much under plane and then casting over the top. It would appear here though that I am on plane on the way down. Thanks so much for any help, and feel free to be as brutally honest as necessary, I can take it.

Videos:

I'll upload more as the season goes on, but I figure I'd start with this one to begin with. Let me know if more is needed, and thanks again!

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Im not an expert but for me it seems in the second pic that you let your head turn away from the ball a bit, dunno if it's negative though. Also legs seems a bit to squatted at the top of the swing. But your swing looks great for 18 hcp!

Originally Posted by mvmac

This will help lessen or get rid of the slice.

Wow, this made so much sense to me. I put it into play just this morning before my round and the ball striking I had with my irons was night and day better than the range session when I took this video (My woods still need some work with this move, but I'm sure that'll come with some more practice sessions). My divots were back (which disappear when I'm not hitting it well) and I got some distance back that seemed to have left me for a bit. The images are amazing as well, thank you so much.

Originally Posted by nevrino

Im not an expert but for me it seems in the second pic that you let your head turn away from the ball a bit, dunno if it's negative though. Also legs seems a bit to squatted at the top of the swing. But your swing looks great for 18 hcp!

Yes, I'm working on not dipping so much in the back swing, when I really focus on it my ball striking is really more consistent. But thank you for the complement hahaha. People guess that my handicap is actually a lot lower than it is sometimes, but my scores are quickly improving this season so far. Soon I hope my swing to be a crappy 2 handicapper swing ;)

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Good to hear it worked out.  Keep working on it, check the position in a mirror at home.  Try to get there while not moving the head, keep the eyes on the "ball".  Check it only after you hit these two positions.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4328 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!