IGNORED

Foursome Games

Remark37
Note: This thread is 4482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did a search and didn't see much. I am heading up to Boyne (northern michigan) for 3 days. There are going to be 4 of us playing 36 a day. I know COD, which I don't really enjoy, but what other four person games are there to play throughout the round? I know it sounds crazy to just play and shoot for a good score, but might as well add more in there.

I'm sure we'll do greenies and skins. One of the guys is an exceptional golfer, so hoping for something that levels the playing field.

Thanks for the input.

Driver: Taylormade R11 Aldila NV 75

4W: Taylormade R9

3/4H: Taylormade Burner 19* 22*

5-AW: Taylormade RBZ

W: Cleveland Tour Action 588 56* 60*

Putter: Callaway White Ice 2 Ball Lined

Originally Posted by Blacksheep

How bout a little game of wolf?

I just looked that up, sounds interesting. I like it. Thanks.

Try Banker.  It's 1 vs 3 on each hole (you would have to get strokes from the low guy to make it even)

The Banker sets the betting limit at the start of each hole, to whatever he wants it to be.  Banker says: "Ok for this hole the max bet is $20"

Golfer #1 - is kind of a cheap guy plus he doesnt think he can beat the banker on that hole so he bets $1.

Golfer #2 - Thinks is in a groove and thinks he can beat the banker and bets $10.

Golfer #3 - is a big spender and is getting a stroke and thinks he can beat the banker and bets the max that was set - $20

Now the banker has 3 bets going on the hole, if you tie someone the bet is a push with just that person.  Win or Lose $ based on score for that hole.  There are no carry overs.

Additional Rules:

Golfers 1,2,3 can call out "Double It" on their tee shot BEFORE it hits the ground.  - Thus doubling their original bet with the Banker.  the banker has to take that bet.  (Some people play "Triple It" on Par3's)

The Banker for the next hole, is the guy with the lowest NET score on that hole and if 2 guys tie, the banker is the guy that made the longer putt to finish the hole.

On holes 17& 18 its customary to allow the guy that is down the most money the choice of being Banker for those last 2 holes in a effort to possibly win some money back.

Also - On holes 17 & 18 - The BANKER has the chance to call out "DOUBLE IT" before his ball lands and double back all the bets already made on that hole.  - Banker tees off last each hole.

• Administrator

Las Vegas!

Play a dime a point if you're a normal guy, play for more if you're really confident or really wealthy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Las Vegas!

Play a dime a point if you're a normal guy, play for more if you're really confident or really wealthy.

Unfortunately, I am neither. These are all interesting games. With the exception of Bingo, Bango, Bongo, I haven't heard of them.

Hammer has got to be one of the most fun money games I have ever played. It's kind of hard to explain but once you understand it it's not hard and it's a blast. - You basically play 2 person best ball and throw the "hammer" back and forth. - There is a new hammer on every hole. So on every tee neither team has the hammer, it must be thrown. - We normally start the hammer at $1. Every time the hammer is thrown the bet doubles ($1, $2, $4, $8, etc.) - You can refuse to accept the hammer if it is thrown to you but you lose the amount of money the hammer is at. If the hammer bet is at $32 and it gets thrown to you, you can decline it but you'll lose $32. - By accepting the hammer you now possess the hammer and the bet doubles. If you do not possess the hammer you cannot hammer. - The hammer can be thrown at anytime - Birdies double the bet - If the hole is halved you can choose whether there is a carry over or not. We play no carry overs. So for example. Team A and Team B get on the first tee. Team A throws the hammer. Team B accepts. The bet is now at $2 and Team B has the hammer. Team B decides to hammer back because Team B is just feeling confident. The bet is not at $4 and Team A has the hammer. The hammer is not thrown the rest of the hole and Team A makes a par 4 and Team B makes bogey 5. Team A wins the $4 and they move onto the next hole. The bet is back to $1 (amount won if nobody hammers) and nobody has the hammer. I also like to play 6-6-6. You play a two man best ball. You have each person in the group as your partner for 6 holes. You make each 6 holes worth so much money.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

We play robins in my group. They are 6 hole fourball games. You get each person in your group as your partner for 6 holes.

Example:

Holes 1-6 A&B; are partners and C&D; are partners

Holes 7-12 A&C; are partners and B&D; are partners

Holes 13-18 A&D; are partners and B&C; are partners

We play automatic one down presses so every time a group wins a hole it starts another bet. Its a lot of fun.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4482 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!