IGNORED

Wish me Luck!

CG031
Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tomorrow, I play in my first junior tournament. I've only been playing golf for a year, but have progressed pretty well to around a 20 handicap. Since I'll be starting for my H.S. next year as a sophomore, I decided to enter 10 or so events over the summer. I probably will get killed in this, but I don't care what I shoot. I just want to get used to competitive golf, all the rules, and playing under some pressure.

So, wish me luck! Should be fun!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

GOOD LUCK! Remember, competitive golf is going to be a much difference experience, but the only way to learn to deal with it is to play it.

Let us know!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good luck to you, hope you do well.

I'm entering in my club championship, which is the week of the 25th, I believe. My chances aren't very good - this course has its share of single-handicappers - but I figure it would be worth a try.

I even splurged and shelled out $3 for a dozen NXT's.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Tomorrow, I play in my first junior tournament. I've only been playing golf for a year, but have progressed pretty well to around a 20 handicap. Since I'll be starting for my H.S. next year as a sophomore, I decided to enter 10 or so events over the summer. I probably will get killed in this, but I don't care what I shoot. I just want to get used to competitive golf, all the rules, and playing under some pressure.

Good luck! Focus on that putting!

Gl. Junior Tournaments are so intimmidating. I used to go in some and I always choke. I cant play good under all the preasure. I might enter some again this year. But you can do it!
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

GOOD LUCK! Remember, competitive golf is going to be a much difference experience, but the only way to learn to deal with it is to play it.

yea it is. i went in 1 high school match this year as a freshman and shot a

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I remember when i tried out for my high school golf team as a freshman. I shot an 87 the first day and a 104 the 2nd day. Needless to say i missed making the team.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I'll echo what some others have said, this should be a good warm up to get used to the pressure of competitive play.

I still maintain to this day that the most nervous i've ever been was during my district tournament my JR. year when I was our A player (we were a small school with only like 6 golfers) playing w/ the other teams A players that shot considerably better than me. Teeing off on the first hole as the first group with the whole tournament and their parents watching...surprised I didn't pass out.

But it definitely gets better the more you do it. So, good luck and have fun.

The best thing is you don't care about your score; this allows you to get used to competitive golf without worrying anything else.

yea it is. i went in 1 high school match this year as a freshman and shot a

Par-3 course? 9 holes? Or a miracle round?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Par-3 course? 9 holes? Or a miracle round?

It was just a 9 hole course. Cuz in High school u only play 9 holes...and i shot a 50..it was terrible.

So, here is the news. In my first Junior tournament I shot a 91 . I wasn't tooo upset, because 1 I never even saw the course in my life, and 2 i struck the ball just didnt make many putts (just didnt read the speed of the greens well)...So, oh well...ill tell u guys about my other tournaments if u care, but i pretty much lived up my handicap in this one hahahah.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

It was just a 9 hole course. Cuz in High school u only play 9 holes...and i shot a 50..it was terrible.

Seeing as how your handicap is an indicator of your potential / best at the moment, and not your average, living up to your handicap is a good thing.

In any case, congrats on your first tournament. My best 9-hole score on a regulation course is 49, and I'm usually over 50.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Good Job dude. And, yeah, keep us posted.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• 3 weeks later...

You wanted me to keep ya'll posted, so I have a tournament this week, July 5th. It should be fun. I hope I break 95 because this course is really tough, but I've played on it before so I at least know it. I know I'm going to have my share of three-putts because the greens are faster then what I normally play on, AND are very very "slopey." So, as always, Wish Me Luck!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Good luck! your 15 right? Man i wish i had the guts to go in some tournaments. In a way it takes some courage to get into those. Good job.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Good luck! your 15 right? Man i wish i had the guts to go in some tournaments. In a way it takes some courage to get into those. Good job.

High-School Golf is a REALLY good way to get some tournament experience in in a slightly low-key environment.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

It doesn't take guts - I thought the same thing up until about a month ago. Then I got out there in the club championship and played with the rest of them, no problem. I've learned not to worry about embarassing shots - because they will happen to everyone, including the other guys in your foursome. Seriously, just spend a few hours out there chumming it up with total strangers, sucking up the suds and enjoying the nice day. There's no chance in hell that you're going to get a fast round in a tourney, so enjoy it.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

You wanted me to keep ya'll posted, so I have a tournament this week, July 5th. It should be fun. I hope I break 95 because this course is really tough, but I've played on it before so I at least know it. I know I'm going to have my share of three-putts because the greens are faster then what I normally play on, AND are very very "slopey." So, as always, Wish Me Luck!

You're living my dream. I wish you the very best.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Go get em my man! Hats off to you for being so into the sport right now, you are going to be a damn good golfer someday because of it. Don't give up on it and I know you'll do well.

Keep us posted!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Note: This thread is 6103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!