IGNORED

Anybody hit of dirt to improve swing?

Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always try to hit of the worst lies to improve my swing. I swear it works. I am now hitting my irons off of nasty dirt and stroking them. I go to the course and my irons 3-pw I just crush usually. I haven't spent time on my driver or woods for a while. My iron play has been very good you might want to try this.

i have tried that, i cannot hit it at all, maybe i just dont do it enough. I think the best practise is just hitting from deep rough.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I hit out of hardpan sometimes to simulate a tight fairway lie. But, for me, the mat works just as well.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I hit out of hardpan sometimes to simulate a tight fairway lie. But, for me, the mat works just as well.

I always seem to hit well off the mats. I like the more difficult lie. It seems to me if you can rip shots out of dirt you can rip them on any type of fairway. Now I will admit I do hit down on balls, but hitting out of tall rough is hard for me. I have a buddy who sweeps at the ball and he actually perfers the rough!

I always seem to hit well off the mats. I like the more difficult lie. It seems to me if you can rip shots out of dirt you can rip them on any type of fairway. Now I will admit I do hit down on balls, but hitting out of tall rough is hard for me. I have a buddy who sweeps at the ball and he actually perfers the rough!

Yep, I hit down on my ball when I'm hitting an iron. Doesn't matter if it's a 3 or my sand wedge, I put the ball back in my stance and put a divot in front of the ball. Sometimes I catch it thin, and my ball trajectory is pretty low reguardless, but I can't hit it right to save my life if it's at the center of my stance.

I don't mind rough. My problem is a downhill lie. I can't think of one time I didn't hit a low screamer or an ugly topper from a downhill lie. The bounce on my sand wedge will compound this problem if I'm on a tight lie.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Yep, I hit down on my ball when I'm hitting an iron. Doesn't matter if it's a 3 or my sand wedge, I put the ball back in my stance and put a divot in front of the ball. Sometimes I catch it thin, and my ball trajectory is pretty low reguardless, but I can't hit it right to save my life if it's at the center of my stance.

Downhill lies give me trouble to brother. I can usually get a 5 iron or less on one but woods and 3-4 irons no way lol.

sry this is a little late. Hitting from deep rough gives good practise. Sometimes you really have to power your arms and can be a good workout. It also teaches you to make contact on the ball since its deep in there. Getting it out and get it to soar is a good accomplishment, then once you play a ball on the fairway its fairly easier.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Note: This thread is 6162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!