IGNORED

Adjusted RBZ driver for the first time...WOW!

Note: This thread is 4330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just found out about this website and this is my first post here so don't bash me for not searching.  I was wondering if any of you RBZ driver owners tinker with your adjustable heads and if you've ever heard a "clicking" or "ticking" sound in the shaft after you've tightened the screw.  Let me try to explain.

I adjusted my 9* RBZ TP Tour head today for the first time to make it a higher loft.  To my surprise, the grip was turned (had to realize I just basically turned the shaft so I had to get used to that) and I would hear a click or tick when I would use the club to brace myself when bending over to get another ball.  I'd never heard this before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is it possibly just the screw and shaft settling in to the new setting.

For the record, I easily picked up about 15 yards on my drives just by changing the loft.  I'd never adjusted ANY driver before but now I think I'm a certified golfsmith and hope I don't get hooked on tinkering every time I prepare to tee off on the first hole of a round.  LOL!

Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

absolutely. i demoed one and every time i bent down it made a click noise that almost sounds like it's coming from under the grip (i think it just travels up the shaft). i figured it couldn't be that bad because this demo club had seen some action.

well i bought mine and it didn't make a sound, but after i turned the angle down some i heard it once yesterday. i read in the manual that you're supposed to tighten until you hear a click, but i stopped when it was getting pretty tight.

played 18 with it and didn't have any issues, but between the two i've hit and yours it can't just be some coincidence.

wish i had an answer for you though, but i absolutely love the club and adjusting even -.75 for me made a pretty good difference in ball flight. i definitely enjoy being able to switch it around some.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

absolutely. i demoed one and every time i bent down it made a click noise that almost sounds like it's coming from under the grip (i think it just travels up the shaft). i figured it couldn't be that bad because this demo club had seen some action. well i bought mine and it didn't make a sound, but after i turned the angle down some i heard it once yesterday. i read in the manual that you're supposed to tighten until you hear a click, but i stopped when it was getting pretty tight. played 18 with it and didn't have any issues, but between the two i've hit and yours it can't just be some coincidence. wish i had an answer for you though, but i absolutely love the club and adjusting even -.75 for me made a pretty good difference in ball flight. i definitely enjoy being able to switch it around some.

Thanks for the reply! I truly feel a lot better. For the record, I played a round after the adjustment and when I finally hit it clean, it just went high and long (but never ballooned) and the guys I played with consistently said, "Ddddaaaammmmnnnn!!!"

Originally Posted by juicemilton

Thanks for the reply! I truly feel a lot better. For the record, I played a round after the adjustment and when I finally hit it clean, it just went high and long (but never ballooned) and the guys I played with consistently said, "Ddddaaaammmmnnnn!!!"

yeah there were a couple drives that the guys i was with (no short hitters themselves, one guy cranked his hybrid 250) just watched as they would just keep going out while rising up, but never ballooning. we were talking about a tree at a dogleg and the guy says there's no way we have to worry about that it's 250 out. he hit right next to it and i hit 20 yards past it with a slight draw around the dogleg.

the difference between my old driver and this one is just night and day.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Originally Posted by tiger187126

yeah there were a couple drives that the guys i was with (no short hitters themselves, one guy cranked his hybrid 250) just watched as they would just keep going out while rising up, but never ballooning. we were talking about a tree at a dogleg and the guy says there's no way we have to worry about that it's 250 out. he hit right next to it and i hit 20 yards past it with a slight draw around the dogleg.

the difference between my old driver and this one is just night and day.

So to that point, my old driver was a Ping i15 with an x flex Axiv shaft and I would bomb that thing too but I would have to go after it to get the same distance I'm getting with the RBZ with a much smoother swing.  My tempo isn't different but the swing is much smoother and the ball carries more while rolling out like it did with the i15.

So to that point, my old driver was a Ping i15 with an x flex Axiv shaft and I would bomb that thing too but I would have to go after it to get the same distance I'm getting with the RBZ with a much smoother swing.  My tempo isn't different but the swing is much smoother and the ball carries more while rolling out like it did with the i15.

I went from an ultra flexible xl270 in an r flex to this in as flex and that immediately straightened out my drive and added almost 30 yards. I've only hit it maybe 40 times since I bought it too so i'm sure I can get more out of it once I get loose with it. I had to baby my old driver to keep it in play. This one seems like the more I get after it the more I'm rewarded.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Note: This thread is 4330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!