IGNORED

RAZR Fit vs. RAZR Fit Tour Authentic

Note: This thread is 4320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the RAZR Fit vs. the RAZR Fit Tour Authentic and could offer their opinion. There is an amazing deal right now on these clubs on Amazon for Amazon Visa Cardholders (20% off = 319 for Tour Authentic or 239 for RAZR Fit). I am looking at either the 10.5 R flex Tour Authentic or 10.5 or 11.5 R flex RAZR Fit. I am a high-handicapper with medium swing speed (probably 90 mph, can hit RBZ 5-wood between 215-245 if I catch it good). The Tour Authentic club is appealing because of the added adjustability in the hosel and weights (I hope to not be a high handicapper forever), the cool color scheme and club head cover. The RAZR Fit is appealing for price reasons.

I recently bought an R11S (R flex, 10.5) but had to return it because of some defects in the club. But even after having tried it with the option to return (30 day playability), I found it to be a little dead in the face and produced a weird ball flight for my swing. I also thought that the sole dragged during my takeaway since I ground at address, and that sort of messes with my confidence, and makes me Kevin Na-like with my practice swings. Anyone feel the same?

I know the stock answer is, "go hit both and see which you like!" but the sale ends in a few days, and I won't be able to get to a Golfsmith in time. Last time I was there, there was no tour Authentic model either. I sincerely appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thank you, Sand Trappers!

My Bag

RAZR Fit Tour Authentic 10.5 R Flex

RBZ 3-Wood 15.5 R Flex

Diablo Edge R Flex Graphite 3H, 4H, 5H, 9-PW, AW, SW, LW

White Ice Sabertooth 2 33" 

Originally Posted by sliceshowbob

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the RAZR Fit vs. the RAZR Fit Tour Authentic and could offer their opinion. There is an amazing deal right now on these clubs on Amazon for Amazon Visa Cardholders (20% off = 319 for Tour Authentic or 239 for RAZR Fit). I am looking at either the 10.5 R flex Tour Authentic or 10.5 or 11.5 R flex RAZR Fit. I am a high-handicapper with medium swing speed (probably 90 mph, can hit RBZ 5-wood between 215-245 if I catch it good). The Tour Authentic club is appealing because of the added adjustability in the hosel and weights (I hope to not be a high handicapper forever), the cool color scheme and club head cover. The RAZR Fit is appealing for price reasons.

I recently bought an R11S (R flex, 10.5) but had to return it because of some defects in the club. But even after having tried it with the option to return (30 day playability), I found it to be a little dead in the face and produced a weird ball flight for my swing. I also thought that the sole dragged during my takeaway since I ground at address, and that sort of messes with my confidence, and makes me Kevin Na-like with my practice swings. Anyone feel the same?

I know the stock answer is, "go hit both and see which you like!" but the sale ends in a few days, and I won't be able to get to a Golfsmith in time. Last time I was there, there was no tour Authentic model either. I sincerely appreciate any feedback you might have.

Thank you, Sand Trappers!

I believe the major difference between these 2 drivers is their adjustability.  With more adjustability comes the higher price.  I believe there are almost the exact same head.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

TM RBZ Driver - a'hina

TM RBZ Tour 3 wood

TM RBZ 19 degree hybrid

TM RBZ irons

TM ATV Wedges

TM Spider Belly Putter

I also read that the shafts are different but I don't know to what degree (stiffer?).

My Bag

RBZ 3-Wood 15.5 R Flex

Can anyone help with this? The sale ends today! Thanks so much!

My Bag

RBZ 3-Wood 15.5 R Flex

• Administrator

The Tour Authentic club is appealing because of the added adjustability in the hosel and weights (I hope to not be a high handicapper forever), the cool color scheme and club head cover. The RAZR Fit is appealing for price reasons.

I think it comes down to that for you. I don't know what the $80 means to you. If "cool color scheme" and "head cover" and "added adjustability and weights" are worth $80 or more, get the TA. Otherwise, get the non-TA.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I also read that the shafts are different but I don't know to what degree (stiffer?).

RIP'D NV in the Fit and Project X in the TA.  If your swing speed tends to be on the slower side the standard Fit might be slightly more beneficial.  This is assuming you don't get to choose a different shaft than what comes stock.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you both. I appreciate your help.

My Bag

RBZ 3-Wood 15.5 R Flex

Note: This thread is 4320 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!