IGNORED

Less is more

Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I found out early on practicing the same part of your golf game everyday can be bad.

How often do you go to the range?

How often do you practice and when you practice do you mix it up? I Putt one day then full swing another. I find mixing it up is best for me. It allows my muscles to rest and to develop other parts of my game.

Are you like me? If you practice to much you find yourself almost getting worse from fatigue and mental break down.

Thanks,

Patrick

For me, "less is more" applies to my swing, actually. When I swing with more power, I tend to hit off the toe. I swing harder, but lost 40 percent of my distance.

When I swing with less power though I bring the ball to the clubface in the middle of the sweet spot, and the ball just jumps into the air.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I play everyday. Either range or course. 75 percent of the time the course. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week the range, rest course time. Today was actually my first off day since the day before Memorial day so like the 29th or 30th of May?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I just started playing golf again a little over a week ago, and I definately felt like i was getting worse after playing 9 days in a row. Oh yea, I also split my thumb open.

I guess it is time for a little break now, 2 or 3 days at most.

The Bag: Hoofer Vantage (Black on Blue)
In the bag...
Driver: X460
5 Wood: Zing 2
7 Wood: Zing 2Irons: X20 Steel ShaftPutter: Scotty Cameron Newport Detour

I actually go to the range very little, because I have poor imagination lol. Ill instead hit the course with a few balls, and play different shots, its interesting to say the least.

In my case it is usually a mental breakdown. If I go to the range 2-3 times a week and play once or twice a week, I find myself only remembering the good shots i had at the driving range.

There is a point of fatigue for me, its usually if i either go to the range or a course more than 4 times a week, wich is EXTREMELY rare. I'm still just the weekend golfer with one night at the range. The only exception is when there are tournaments for work or customers to entertain.

I have found that one way to actually use the range to improve my game. I have a friend that i typically go to the range with, and we have a 3 ball challenge. There are flags and yardage markers that we'll have an accuracy competition with. Anywhere from 15 to 200 yards. Even though I barely win, i think this has helped on the course a lot.

Good luck,

Flux
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!