IGNORED

My first eagle!

P3R3
Note: This thread is 6145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I had a six-footer for eagle two days ago, and a 25-footer for eagle three or four days ago. I two-putted both. The six-footer was disappointing, but I hit a good putt - right speed, right line - I just didn't see as much break as there was. It lipped out on the low side.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been playing golf since I was 10 and one thing has always alluded me. I could never seem to get an eagle to drop. So today I was playing with some friends of mine at a local course Village greens. We came to a right dogleg par 5. Hit a good drive and put myself 208 from the hole uphill. I pulled a 5 wood and continued to hit a hard pull into the trees lining the left side of the fairway. My lie was 40 yards short of the flag, on pine needles, and was blocked by overhanging tree branches so a wedge was out of the question. So I pulled a 6 iron and put it back in my stance and punched it out to the elevated green. All my buddies were on the green so I was shocked when I saw the green with only 3 balls sitting on it, none were mine. So then was of my playing partners says to check the hole. I was like yea right, and sure enough there was my ball sitting in the bottom of the cup.

I have one eagle.... and my experience is similar to yours. Dog Leg left par 5 I nuked a 3 wood and cut the corner. I hit a 5 Iron and pulled it left of the green pin high on the fringe. 7 Iron bump and run and bingo the ball tracked perfectly and dropped... Momentum took over I took Par, Birdie par for the next 3 holes.

I love this game... Why though do I continue to rush the down swing so often?

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

I barely missed my 2nd today, I hit driver, sand wedge into a 460 yard par 5 and just lipped out for eagle, and yet managed to shoot +4.

That basically sums up my game in a nutshell.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I´ve had one. I think it was the last round of last year. I was playing with my friend and the course was a rather easy 9 hole one. Earlier in the round I chipped in for birdie from about 25 yards. On the 9th hole, par 4, about 230 yards (short, I know), I drove the green and drained the putt for eagle from about 8 yards. It´s nice to end a season of golf that way :) Good times.

Driver: Smooth 9° E160 regular.
3 wood: Fast 10 15° Wasabi regular.
Hybrid: Fybrid 19.5° V2 regular.
Irons: Ci7 4-GW regular steel.
SW: CG10 56°.Putter: White Hot XG Marxman Mini 34".The rest of my set is still work in progress....

Driver, 3 wood on a short par 5 (490-ish yards). Decent drive that went into a pile of shit and came out smelling like roses (pushed into trees, ball squirted out and rolled down the middle of the fairway). Hit my 3 wood on the toe, trying to drive the green in two, landed myself in a trap. Sand wedge to about a foot. I'll take a tap-in birdie anyday.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Driver, 3 wood on a short par 5 (490-ish yards). Decent drive that went into a pile of shit and came out smelling like roses (pushed into trees, ball squirted out and rolled down the middle of the fairway). Hit my 3 wood on the toe, trying to drive the green in two, landed myself in a trap. Sand wedge to about a foot. I'll take a tap-in birdie anyday.

i thought this was a thread about eagles? Aww man i thought you were gonna drain the sand shot
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I have drained a sand shot before - in fact it has been from the same trap - but it was for par that time.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have drained a sand shot before - in fact it has been from the same trap - but it was for par that time.

Well at least you didnt have to putt, god knows what would happen there.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

• 2 weeks later...

Well wouldnt ya know I scored another eagle, this time a 2 on a par 4.

Playing at Saluda Valley Country Club in Williamston, SC.

Hole 15 was playing to 304 yards, dogleg left. I tee up and just tattoo one with a slight draw over the trees. I start looking for my ball, and lo and behold what do I see, my ball rests 5ft from the flag, putt it in for eagle 2. :)

The kid is my buddies 4.5 yr old who was playing along with us.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

• Administrator
The kid is my buddies 4.5 yr old who was playing along with us.

Did he make his putt?

Congrats again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Did he make his putt?

Yea man I swear this kid is going to be a good golfer one day, he putts lights out. Other groups on the course were commenting how good he was, he can drive the ball from behind the whites to the forward tees.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

ive only made a handful of eagles putting , maybe 6 or 7.

Its obscene how many times ive holed out from the fairway for eagle though.

I think its somewhere near 10 times.

Ive holed out twice in 3 holes before too. Both from 100+ yards

Congads Buddy. I only had one eagle up until last year... and that was when I was like 10 years old in a youth league and I chipped in for eagle on a par 5. But last year a bug bit me or something and I ended up carding 11 eagles (10 were rolled in.) I was pretty pleased with myself. Sadly this year I have not had the time to really play so much. I'm lucky if I get 2 rounds of golf in a week with the 50 hrs a week I work now. Congrads to you all... eagles are pretty fun.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!