IGNORED

My Swing (daniel2852)

daniel2852
Note: This thread is 4303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, looking for swing advice. Not my first post here but I was finally able to get this video off my phone and on the PC. Please give men any tips for improvement.

I've been Playing Golf for: I first hit a club at 12. I took golf lessons for a month in high school 3 years ago, after that I lost interest.

Since then I have practiced extensively after recently buying my first set 2 months ago. I have now played about 5-6 9 hole rounds and can hit most of my clubs for distance.

My current handicap index or average score is: 50-60 for 9 hole rounds I am an extreme hack beginner with ball striking potential.

My typical ball flight is: Slice or low shot that hugs the ground and won't get up in the air

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: My slice, low shots that hug the ground

I notice in this video the first swing featured more left arm bend, the second good shot had a straight left arm.

Videos:

Take videos from straight infront of you and straight back from you with the hands in the centre. This is almost impossible to analyze.

Edit: However your left foot shouldn't move during the swing. Your head should not rise or move on the backswing but it's ok to lower it in the frontswing (most pros do this) like you do.

Originally Posted by nevrino

Take videos from straight infront of you and straight back from you with the hands in the centre. This is almost impossible to analyze.

Edit: However your left foot shouldn't move during the swing. Your head should not rise or move on the backswing but it's ok to lower it in the frontswing (most pros do this) like you do.

Sorry about the angle, best I could get as I had to get someone else to record it.

I agree, upon watching this again my head movement is too much. I disagree about the footwork though, and I'm open to discussion on this.

But, according to "Golf my Way" by Jack Nicklaus, his video shows that you should move the left foot on the backswing, especially with the farther hitting clubs. Have you seen the Nicklaus video? There is a whole section on footwork and he says with the woods and long irons you should get more footwork and with shorter irons you reduce, with wedges your don't move the left foot at all.
I used to keep my lower body stable without moving the left foot, but after watching Nicklaus' video I changed and I must say it worked for me. I can now hit shots farther and by focusing on foot work it helps me relax my arm and take a more natural swing.

Now I agree the heel is coming up to much, when Jack(and many other pros) do this left foot lift on the backswing, they are more so pivoting than lifting the foot. But you can visibly see the sole of the foot come up, when many pros take their backswings.

Thanks for the advice, and I will continue working to improve.

Any other comments welcome

Note: This thread is 4303 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!