IGNORED

My Swing (Ben85)

Ben85
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ben85

I'm guessing that signing up for "Evolvr" the week of the PGA Championship may not have been ideal. Any idea when I might get an analysis back?

For me it has always taken 1-2 workdays a little bit longer if you upload on the weekends

Originally Posted by nevrino

For me it has always taken 1-2 workdays a little bit longer if you upload on the weekends

Thanks for letting me know. It's been a couple of days, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon.

• Administrator

Thanks for letting me know. It's been a couple of days, so hopefully they'll get around to it soon.

You'll probably get your analysis today. Submit later on August 7, get it August 9.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

You'll probably get your analysis today. Submit later on August 7, get it August 9.

Excellent. Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Just from watching your swing... I'd really focus on your pivot (right leg).

That is what I'm working on and I'm thinking of it like a dance step/move.  Nailing the cadence and really cleaning the movement/weight shift and distribution.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Just from watching your swing... I'd really focus on your pivot (right leg).

That is what I'm working on and I'm thinking of it like a dance step/move.  Nailing the cadence and really cleaning the movement/weight shift and distribution.

You may be right. I still haven't heard anything from the "Evolvr" coaches, but I certainly noticed some things (extended back-swing, flying right elbow, hips/legs dipping at A9, lack of hip extension in the follow-through, etc) I thought may be causing issues.

Well, I just received my analysis from James and had a quick look at it. I'm really happy with the analysis and am looking forward to working on the changes. It appears that you (Beachcomber) and I both spotted a couple of things that were out of place, but it looks like we may have been looking at the effects as opposed to the causes. To summarise, James spotted the following faults:

Setup:

— Stance width needs to be 2-3 inches narrower.

— Feet need to be fanned out an additional 20 degrees to allow the knees to move outward.

— Shaft needs to lean forward and point towards the left hip (which creates a flat left wrist and bent right wrist).

— Arms need to hang outward to create more space between the hands and legs.

Backswing:

— Elbows need to be closer together (which should hopefully shorten the backswing and prevent the flying right elbow).

Apparently my downswing and sequencing needs a lot of work, but the above changes need to be implemented before hand.

Well, I just received my analysis from James and had a quick look at it. I'm really happy with the analysis and am looking forward to working on the changes. It appears that you (Beachcomber) and I both spotted a couple of things that were out of place, but it looks like we may have been looking at the effects as opposed to the causes. To summarise, James spotted the following faults:

Setup:

— Stance width needs to be 2-3 inches narrower.

— Feet need to be fanned out an additional 20 degrees to allow the knees to move outward.

— Shaft needs to lean forward and point towards the left hip (which creates a flat left wrist and bent right wrist).

— Arms need to hang outward to create more space between the hands and legs.

Backswing:

— Elbows need to be closer together (which should hopefully shorten the backswing and prevent the flying right elbow).

Apparently my downswing and sequencing needs a lot of work, but the above changes need to be implemented before hand.

Good deal.  The good news is that you can incorporate the above setup changes fairly quick.  Post some new vids when you feel like you've nailed the new setup.

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!