IGNORED

Encounter on golf course

WhackAndHack
Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I guess one should not mess with people from South Jersey. Were these incidents being taped for a reality TV show?

It's one of those things where you can't believe it after awhile, or is Alan Funt hiding in the bushes.   I probably should have broken off after 9, or just said "This seems normal to you, but I prefer more quiet" and gone ahead, or stayed behind.  It was like a train wreck.  You can't just pull away.....   Although you probably shouldn't get that angry when it's three against one, the only real hurt was eye pains for three days from rolling back in my head so much.

Driver:  TaylorMade Burner 9.5 degree R Flex

3-Wood:  TaylorMade RocketBallz 15 Stiff flex

Hybrid:  Cobra Baffler 19 degree

Irons:  Cobra S2 irons  4-PW

Wedges:  52.08 Hogan, 56.14 Vokey and 60.07 Vokey

Putter:  1967 Muirfield Blade putter

The architecture of a course can sometimes add a lot of time to a round.  I played a course on Sunday that was very poorly laid out and in spite of the fact that I had played there once before (got tempted into buying a few rounds with some local Groupon-type coupons so 18 holes including cart was only $20), we had some significant delays because of confusion about the course layout.  The first few holes we started cursing the group ahead of us for seemingly taking 5 minutes sitting in their carts near the green and putzing around forever with their scorecards, etc.... but finally realized that they had moved their carts, it was just that the next tee was only maybe 25-30 yards from the previous green and they were waiting to tee off on the next hole.  This was a real dumb use of space because it kept us waiting for the group ahead to clear out (not wanting to hit near them thinking they were still on the same green) and potentially endangered any group teeing off who might get hit by errant shots from the prior hole.  This was the case on at least a third of the holes on this course.  On one hole, as I was bending over to tee my ball, someone from the foursome behind us must have overclubbed, as a ball bounced and rolled about 8 feet away from me, past our tee box.  On a par-5, a jerk behind us hit 10 feet over my head as I was getting ready to hit my third shot and although he could easily see I was there and that his ball was coming right near me, he didn't bother yelling "fore!"

To add insult to injury, several of the holes had tees that were actually pretty far away from the preceeding green and there was no sign with an arrow to the next tee, so we wasted a few minutes driving around trying to figure out where the next hole started.

On the last hole, I hit a second shot a bit left, not an altogether awful shot, but I missed the green by maybe 25 yards, 25 yards short and I had to wait for 5 minutes before I could chip on to the green.  The tee box from the next hole over was too close to my green and my ball was somewhat in front of the other hole's tee box.  A foursome of dorks could see that my ball was in front of their tee box and I was waiting to hit, but instead of letting me chip on to the green and get out of their way, they made me wait until each of them took four practice swings, six waggles, etc... and hit their tee shots before I could go up to my ball.

It was a 5 hour round.

I've yelled at other players I think three times in 19 years of playing, all three times because despite the fact that they could see that the course was backed up for several holes in front of us and that the reason we were standing around in the middle of the fairway was because there was another group on the green ahead, they got impatient, got pissed off at us and started making asinine comments about our slow play, completely ignoring the fact that we couldn't play any faster because of the group ahead of us.  After a few holes, they got so pissed off that they hit into us. Once I stepped on one of their balls burying it, once I hit the ball that nearly hit us into a pond, and the third time one of the guys I was playing with (walked on as a single) teed up their ball and hit it back at them.  I don't recommend the latter method of dealing with the situation.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by Wisguy

On the last hole, I hit a second shot a bit left, not an altogether awful shot, but I missed the green by maybe 25 yards, 25 yards short and I had to wait for 5 minutes before I could chip on to the green.  The tee box from the next hole over was too close to my green and my ball was somewhat in front of the other hole's tee box.  A foursome of dorks could see that my ball was in front of their tee box and I was waiting to hit, but instead of letting me chip on to the green and get out of their way, they made me wait until each of them took four practice swings, six waggles, etc... and hit their tee shots before I could go up to my ball.

That speaks to the point I was making previously. People are more concerned with being able to do what they feel is within their rights, rather than what common courtesy would dictate Their only concern was that you were in their tee box, so it was their right to play first. irrespective of what would make more sense. Same thing as practicing on a crowded course with people behind you becuase you feel your only obligation is to stay with the group directly ahead of you. While technically within your rights, both are dick moves.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I know it's late, but guys...don't feed the trolls...

Yeah, no problem with people hitting two balls as long as it doesn't slow down the pace. At my course, I'm usually all by myself after 6, so I do it if I'm not playing for my 'cap.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

Note: This thread is 4333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!