IGNORED

Augusta National admits two female members

LSU_justin
Note: This thread is 3455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nobody, anywhere, is exempt from moral responsibilties.  I agree with you there.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Chas

Since your arguments constantly reference what is "moral", as if it were self-evident that your own personal views in the matter were exclusively those that are moral and just, I cannot agree with your last statement regarding your own view of those who disagree with you.  It is not logically consistent with your previous posts.

IMO it is not necessarily "immoral" for members of a private club to be selective about who can join their club, on a variety of grounds including gender.  On the contrary, it happens all the time in this country and it is part of a healthy and truly "diverse" society in which people can pursue their own individual interests in private matters.  That is a concept that many on the other side of the issue never seem to get, and it is a chronic and consistent failure in the thinking on the left, in my personal opinion.

Your arguments just reek of the typical defense of "affirmative action" policies in this country.  Nonsense, in both the public and the private sectors.

it is a private club , i would love to play there  will it happen most likely not , that does not mean that i begrudge the members for that- it is their club , it is not a moral issue , they should be able

to admit who ever they want man -woman  in betweens who ever, this idea of being politicly correct all the time has gone way over board - where's my trophy for participation

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator
The CEO of IBM has traditionally been invited. One of their partners. It was a point of discussion whether she would be. I'm not sure she even plays golf though…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it is a private club , i would love to play there  will it happen most likely not , that does not mean that i begrudge the members for that- it is their club , it is not a moral issue , they should be able

to admit who ever they want man -woman  in betweens who ever, this idea of being politicly correct all the time has gone way over board - where's my trophy for participation

True, I would love to own a new Mercedes benz, 2 door, convertible.....should I complain to MB that they are being unfair?

What a joke people can be, everyone feels they are owed something....

Note: This thread is 3455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!