IGNORED

906F4 release date

Note: This thread is 6123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone know when these shallow faced beauty are going to be released in the market?
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

906F4 and 906F2 side by side.

Driver

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

906F4 has shallower face compared to 906F2.
Driver

Woods

• 1 month later...
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 2007

With a lower, deeper CG and more loft, the 906F4 provides higher launch and ball flight from the tee or turf. The 906F4 is good for players of all swing speeds that need increased launch, spin and downrange trajectory.

The pear profile of the 906F4 features a longer, shallower face for confidence and forgiveness and a square set-up that promotes a straight ball flight. A multi-material construction with a separate face insert alllows for maximum ball speed and a hot, lively feel.

The 906F4 utilizes an innovative Multi-Relief Sole™ design that allows for crisp, solid contact from a variety of turf conditions. The Multi-Relief Sole provides greater ground clearance at the trailing edge of the sole to minimize turf resistance.
Driver

Woods

The face definitely looks more shallow on the f4. You can even see there is one less horizontal line on the face compared to the f2. I'm intrigued by this club but I'm concerned it might be most appropriate for those who play off very thin "greenlike" fairways (like at professional golf tournaments). I think the fairways at most public courses and even some private country clubs might be too fluffy and create some problems. And I can't imagine hitting this off the tee. I'd have to place it, or else it could be skyball city. That said, I'll probably get one eventually.

For now, I ordered a 906f2 with the VS Proto 80. I am going to Cape Cod in a few weeks and I'll be playing a ton of golf. So, I couldn't wait for the f4 release. I had a 906f2 5 wood, but replaced it with a 585H 19 degree. But, I don't remember the f2 being difficult to hit off the deck. That's what makes me even more concerned that the f4 might be for those who play courses with primo fairways. Anyone else feeling like this?

Driver:Titleist 905T 10.5, Aldila NV 65S
Fairway: Titleist 906f2 18, Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid: Titleist 585H 21, Aldila NV85S
Irons: Titleist 735, DG R300
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60 DG S200Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #8

• Administrator
I'm intrigued by this club but I'm concerned it might be most appropriate for those who play off very thin "greenlike" fairways (like at professional golf tournaments). I think the fairways at most public courses and even some private country clubs might be too fluffy and create some problems. And I can't imagine hitting this off the tee. I'd have to place it, or else it could be skyball city. That said, I'll probably get one eventually.

Two things, though:

1) Pros and better players who play off thinner fairways do just fine, of course, with the deeper faced clubs. A thinner one will help, though, and particularly on toe- or heel-ward hits. 2) I doubt any fairways are truly fluffy enough to create problems. And off the tee, I imagine you could probably just make sure you tee the ball up low, like it's on the fairway. Those both being said, the F2 may be the better choice for you, of course. The 906F4 is just a different version of the 906 for a certain kind of player, just like the 906F2 can now be considered as such.
That's what makes me even more concerned that the f4 might be for those who play courses with primo fairways. Anyone else feeling like this?

If you generate decent clubhead speed and have a half-decent swing, I don't think you'll have trouble getting any airborn. The 906F4 is more for players whose driver swing speed is lower or who, for whatever reason, can't generate enough lift with a ball not teed up and this little amount of loft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!