IGNORED

Mighty Mike Austin and the 515-Yard Drive

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another reason to be skeptical (American spelling :beer: ) is that in the last 30 years, nobody has even come close to touching it.  With all of the technological advances to the drivers, balls, and fitness, in 30 years, the closest anybody could come is 50 or 60 yards.  And the guy whose sole job is long driving, Jason Zubak, hasn't come within 100 yards of it.

Mike Dobbin at Dragon Ridge hit it 551 yards. I am sure he will produce it again sometime. He's really big, though. I just started looking into this topic because, as we all know driving is the most important part of golf;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another reason to be skeptical (American spelling ) is that in the last 30 years, nobody has even come close to touching it.  With all of the technological advances to the drivers, balls, and fitness, in 30 years, the closest anybody could come is 50 or 60 yards.  And the guy whose sole job is long driving, Jason Zubak, hasn't come within 100 yards of it.

Not a reason at all look how long Bob Bemans long jump record stood, Or Babes Home run record. a number of others out there.

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

Not a reason at all look how long Bob Bemans long jump record stood, Or Babes Home run record. a number of others out there.

Sure it is.  Equipment-wise, baseball and the long jump have barely changed at all (slightly lighter shoes and bats) versus how big of a jump there has been in golf club and ball technology.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!