IGNORED

How often do you...

Gregormendel
Note: This thread is 6158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few questions...

How often do you clean your clubs?

How often do you clean the grooves in your clubs?

Personally, I clean my clubs after every round and the grooves after every shot with that particular club. I simply cannot play with dirty clubs.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver:
3 Wood:
Hybrid:
3-PW: Wedges: Putter: Ball:

same as you

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

• Administrator

After every shot. Obviously just the one club.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After each round, I clean them off. Sometimes if I get a lot of dirt or sand on a club, I'll clean it right then and there.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I clean them after every round and of course after every shot. You cant hit good shots with filled up grooves.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Once every 4 rounds.

I play everyday so It's about twice a week I clean them...I don't clean them everyday cuz I don't really have time with all the golf I play. lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

After every shot. If I don't have time then I carry my club to where the next person is hitting or to the green and clean it off while their hitting their shots.
If their on the green I'll leave the club on the cart and clean it on the next tee.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I try and keep one end of a towel wet so I can clean my clubs after each shot, but they still need to be cleaned thoroughly a couple times a month.

for u guys who clean ur clubs after every shot do u use some type of tool or just the towel on ur bag? if so wat kind of tool do u use?

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

for u guys who clean ur clubs after every shot do u use some type of tool or just the towel on ur bag? if so wat kind of tool do u use?

I use one of those double side brushes with wire bristles on one side and regular on the other.

I would use one of those tools, but I cant use the steel side because of my irons.. so I would use the brush side.
Then tried the wood tees to clean the grooves, but they get dull before you finish one club.
SO, I went into the shop, grabbed one of the divot repair tools(just a normal flat steel one) and took it to the grinder. I sharpened the ends to a point... basically like a knife blade. It is perfect for cleaning the grooves and doubles as a divot tool. Only problem is stabbing yourself if you put it in your pocket lol. So lately I put my Kershaw in my bag and use that instead. works perfect too, but the beverage cart lady thinks im going to rob her

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver:
3 Wood:
Hybrid:
3-PW: Wedges: Putter: Ball:

I clean the grooves after every shot and I'll clean the clubs thoroughly after every 1 or 2 rounds.

Take care,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I clean after every round and then between shots, I just spit in my towel and rub off the face. If it's bad, I take a tee and run it through the grooves. When I clean after rounds, I actually use a little dremmel tool with a wire brush head for my irons/wedges and then a little soft brush head for my woods. I'm pretty picky about keep my stuff clean. I even clean my ball on every green and then before every tee shot.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

I whipe them down after every shot. About a month ago I picked up a brush set at WalMart for $3 that has a caribeener that clips to the bag. It has one wire brush and one nylon brush. I hit the face with the nylon one on every shot. I had never done this much in the past. I always cleaned them when they got visibly dirty but never paid much attention to the grooves. Now I am always checking to make sure they are clean.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

After every shot. I keep half of my towel wet most of the time so after every shot I just give my club a wipe and put it back in the bag. When its wet out it makes it even easier

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 6158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!