IGNORED

My Swing (Skillet)

Skillet
Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2.5 Months

My current handicap index or average score is: Only played 18 once (113), best 9 hole score is 48.

My typical ball flight is: Straight to slight fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Recently developed a slice w/ Driver

Videos (@ 30% Speed)

DTL

Face on

What I'm thinking...

I need to free up my right elbow, looks like I'm keeping it too close to my body which is throwing my line off and narrowing my swing arc.

If I free it up the club should follow the swing path longer, not causing me to try to swing down on it, and as an added bonus... a wider swing path means more distance.

I'm sure you'll get some more informed responses but I like analyzing golf swings so I hope you don't mind some input from a fellow hacker.  What I noticed as the biggest thing is actually not your elbow - but you are not turning much in your back swing.  You're swinging with your arms.

I took a screenshot of both you and Luis Oosthazen at close to A2 - shaft parallel to the ground.  See how much he has turned already?  You're positions look pretty good to me - its just that you "Crash" (to steal a phrase from Shawn Clement) into your body on the backswing and don't really complete it.

Here are both of you at the top of your back swings

Hope this helps a little.  Learning the golf swing is incredibly fun - the more you learn, the more there is to know.  Thanks for indulging me - as I said, I find swing analysis really interesting and educational.  If I'm steering you wrong, somebody will surely pop in to let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Your club is laid off at the top of your backswing, shown in Whacker's picture. This could cause misses right. Also seems as if your club face is a little closed.

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

So... think I finally figured it out at the range yesterday.  During take away I focus on turning my torso to widen the arc during the down I make myself initiate with the legs first.  Just doing those two things seems like it lines everything else up.  Also modified my address a little... club 4 inches or so behind the ball and trying to mind my shoulder line in relation to my target line.

Now just to see if it was a fluke or will I be able to repeat it.  I'll try to take some video next time I'm at the range.

Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!