IGNORED

Walkers do you carry or pull?

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Carry or Pull ?

• Carry
    • Pull

Clicgear 2.0 push cart when I walk. I'm 62 with a chronic bad back and haven't carried in 25 years. And when it's sunny and hot, I open up the umbrella and it makes a big difference being out of the sun for most of the round. I ride on weekends (required at the course), vacations, or on very hilly courses.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clicgear 3 makes it so much easier. I like this much better than my Bag Boy push cart I had before. Well made, easy to use, and folds up small.

I have the seat on my Clicgear 3 and yes I use it a lot on the weekends when play is a bit slower.

You can not fold up the cart with the seat on tho, but removal from the cart is just a push button release. I also changed the seat on the post to a quick release as well.

I walked and carried up until earlier this season.  In the spring, I blew out the seam on another carry bag (2nd bag in 2+ years) and decided getting a Clicgear would be cheaper in the long run plus I ain't getting any younger.  I feel fresher at the end of a round and have played numerous 27 hole days and a few 36.  Also been able to play a lot more consecutive days as the shoulders and back feel much better without the added weight.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

I have back problems, so I haven't carried in about 15 years, but wanted to walk again.  I picked up a cheapo pull-cart and hated it.  I then bought a Sun Mountain push cart, and love it.  It takes very little effort on the old back to push them around for 18 holes.

• 2 weeks later...

i carry... but i might convert to pulling soon. the pros walk all the time and neither carry nor pull... lazy bums! lol

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I prefer to carry, and will cut the number of clubs in my lightweight bag. If I go with a full set and walk, it is usually with a 2 wheel pull cart. I have a 3 wheel speedcart, but it is not as maneuverable and feels like a baby stroller. On real hot, humid days, I will take a cart. Carts are free with my membership, but I appreciate the exercise by walking.

We have caddies at our course and we cannot carry our bag until after 3:00 PM. The policy is to promote our very successful caddie program and to generate a little revenue with the motorized carts. Unfortunately we don't have pull carts. I would gladly pay to use one after 3:00 PM but we haven't done that yet.

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

We have caddies at our course and we cannot carry our bag until after 3:00 PM. The policy is to promote our very successful caddie program and to generate a little revenue with the motorized carts. Unfortunately we don't have pull carts. I would gladly pay to use one after 3:00 PM but we haven't done that yet.

I love courses that require caddies. The purest way to play the game, IMO.

Tyler Martin

99.9% of the time I carry. Same as said before ,at 59 , a stronger back and legs are a good thing. I use the Ogio Schling harness which does a great job balancing the load.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I use my cart most of the time.  It is easier, don't have to worry about weight and can carry lunch.  I really want an electric one but thats a little above my means right now.  Now that is walking in style.  It isn't a shape thing, just an easier thing.  I'm looking to play well, not get the best workout I can.

Brian

Originally Posted by Leftygolfer

I use my cart most of the time.  It is easier, don't have to worry about weight and can carry lunch.  I really want an electric one but thats a little above my means right now.  Now that is walking in style.  It isn't a shape thing, just an easier thing.  I'm looking to play well, not get the best workout I can.

The workout really is negligable compared to walking with a purpose, but I always play better when I walk.

Bill M

• 9 months later...
I have the Sun Mtn 4 wheel push cart. Very stable but wished I could stand bag up a little more. Does fold up nicely though. I walk when ever I can and love it plus seem to play better. Exception is if extremely hot or group that rides. Walking gives you time to think AND forget. Plus my local course has lots of deer and turkeys and a few kite pairs. Very relaxing plus deer tracks in green can be great reason for that close but missed putt if you need/want an excuse. ;-)

IF it's a fairly flat 9-hole course or a Par 3 course, I carry my bag.

Otherwise, I ride. My home course and another course I play on occasion are subdivision courses: You have a quarter mile here and there between the last green and the next tee. Non-riders would get run into the ground by the cart-mounted "cavalry." My home course does not allow walkers, the other discourages it.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!