IGNORED

Bluing Wedges

Note: This thread is 6137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

mann that is by far the sickest wedge I've ever seen. Be proud.

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

I just blued my wedges today... they look unreal. I had three oil cans and a vintage callaway, soaked them in vinegar and used the blueing kit from dicks. haven't used them on the course yet but I am pretty excited to.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Sweet, post some pics when you can. Also remember to use a silicone gun cloth, to protect the finish, wipe after every round or more often. Or else you will get rust, thank god the kit has rust/blue remover to spare so you can redo it if needed. I will post later a full description on how to, or an article for the website if the moderators/staff wish it.

Went out and got the Bluing kit...soaking my wegde in vinager right now. I'll post a pic of how it turns out.

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

mine came out great but the finish wears off fast... my 56 has pretty much already been sandblasted after only being in 3 bunkers today

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

What effect if any does this process have on the grooves? Are you still getting the same spin rates from the clubs after bluing them? I gotta say, the wedge looks awesome. The green paint is amazing combined with the blued wedge.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

No noticeable difference on spin. I let the face + sole of mine rust though, I've heard that increases it, but not so sure. I do apply silicone to the back to keep it look, like others do on a scotty 62 (last years).

Wow, that is a ballin' wedge... I'm thinking about doing a custom paint job on my putter or maybe my wedges...

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

I actually let them sit for two days before I used them... no idea why the finish removed, I followed every step to a T.

Daniel Duarte

Hmm only reason I can think of now is maybe the clubs weren't completely clean, you should have enough materials to try again, if not then spending the money for hot blueing from a gunmaker or gunshop will make a more resiliant finish.

Hmm only reason I can think of now is maybe the clubs weren't completely clean, you should have enough materials to try again, if not then spending the money for hot blueing from a gunmaker or gunshop will make a more resiliant finish.

Another alternative is flaming the thing. Should last longer although the look is kind of different....

Note: This thread is 6137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!