IGNORED

Callaway Visit! Tons of in-hand pics of the 2013 Callaway Razr Xtreme, X Hot Driver, X Hot Fairway, X Hot irons, X Forged irons

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who's your daddy??? ...

Just arrived today ... can't wait to break it in tomorrow!  Got a little bit of a surprise as it came with a Project X 6.0, rather than the Diamana Kaili I was expecting ... but no worries as I already have said Diamana on my RazrFit and can just swap them.  Now I have 2 different shafts in case I want to tinker. ;)

Review coming soon after I've had a chance to give it a whack a few times, and take it out to the course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by fourwiggle

Is the shaft set to closed??  From this angle it looks really toe-in.  Would you take a pic in the neutral position with the ball at address??

Just the angle of the pic and the how the head is positioned, here's a pic from an earlier post

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by fourwiggle

Is the shaft set to closed??  From this angle it looks really toe-in.  Would you take a pic in the neutral position with the ball at address??

Originally Posted by mvmac

Just the angle of the pic and the how the head is positioned, here's a pic from an earlier post

Yeah, I was holding the club in one hand and the camera in the other, and not really paying attention to how I was holding it.  It is untouched out of the box at this point, so I am sure that its set to neutral, or whatever is standard.  You reminded me, though, that I need to check it once to be sure. :)

I'm supposed to be out at the range right now, but sadly, we have rain today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwiggle View Post

Is that the 9.5 or 10.5*??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Does this answer your question?

Quote:

I'm trying to decide which one to order and no one in my area has one YET, grrrr.

Well, I got fitted at Callaway for this before Christmas and just received it yesterday because it was backordered ... so I'm not surprised that they're hard to find elsewhere.

Quote:

I sometimes don't like how the 10.5* heads jettison out at the bottom.

I'm not sure what you mean here??

The pic I put up is of the 9.5 head, again from earlier pics in the thread

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yeah, I know the pics you made were 10.5*.  I was referring to the other...

By jettison, I meant the leading edge - bottom of the face.  Looking straight down, does the bottom stick-out prominently from the top-edge of the face where it meets the crown?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Who's your daddy??? ...

Just arrived today ... can't wait to break it in tomorrow!  Got a little bit of a surprise as it came with a Project X 6.0, rather than the Diamana Kaili I was expecting ... but no worries as I already have said Diamana on my RazrFit and can just swap them.  Now I have 2 different shafts in case I want to tinker. ;)

Review coming soon after I've had a chance to give it a whack a few times, and take it out to the course.

I just got mine today and will be at the very least hitting the range tomorrow if not playing... Looking forward to it. Look for the review on the main site in about a month or so.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I just got mine today and will be at the very least hitting the range tomorrow if not playing... Looking forward to it. Look for the review on the main site in about a month or so.

Yeah, I've only used mine at the range so far.  I had to switch out the shaft to my kaili, but I really like it so far.  After I've played with it a few times, I'll review it on this thread as well as just a regular review.

Good luck!  Which loft and shaft did you get?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Yeah, I've only used mine at the range so far.  I had to switch out the shaft to my kaili, but I really like it so far.  After I've played with it a few times, I'll review it on this thread as well as just a regular review.

Good luck!  Which loft and shaft did you get?

Mine is exactly the same as what you received. 10.5 Pro, Project X Velocity stiff. I'm going to see how this shaft plays as far as my review goes but I may pick up a different shaft to put in it eventually (I got a buddy with access to a lot of different shafts and a Trackman).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Been using this just over a week now and so far I'm very impressed. Much better ball flight and dispersion compared to the RBZ Tour I was using.

Callaway was actually at my home course today doing a demo day so I talked to the guys a little bit and hit some of the other stuff including the new X Forged irons (very nice) as well as a X Hot 4 wood. The guy put one of the "Bomb Patches" on my head cover... I like it:

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Thanks for pumping up the Cally brand. I have been sold on the woods since my BB 454 with the green NV. I then hit the Diablo Octane Tour with the PX 6.0 (.5" short) and picked up a solid 10 yards. Since then I have been putting that DOT against all comers and it has not been kicked out of the bag. Six months ago I ran it against the Tour Preferred version of the Razr (limited run) and the TP version just edged it out. It was not enough to pay retail, so I thought I would wait. I can't find one. I have my cousin who is Titleist staff trying to track one down. Yesterday, I specifically hit the Razr Extreme with the BowTie (and a few others) against my DOT and the fitter stopped and told me not to lose the DOT. I did not hit the XHot. Did anyone see a big difference in the Extreme and the XHot?

I also have had success with the DOT Tour 15*. Another great stick that fits me well that puts it out there. Before that I was stroking the X something 15* with a Fuji TourPlatform. Anyway, it's nice to see some Cally hype. The brand has been hot for a while and was a well kept secret with the DOTs. The DOTs are being blown out at 149 at most places so if any of you guys are on a budget you should at least give it try. The faces are hot and the PX in the Tour Version is a decent shaft.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Hit the X today in a few different combinations. It was close but my DOT was still in the money.i am still looking for the TP Razr.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!