IGNORED

Drills or equipment to increase club head speed for driver?

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jd924

This guy picked up 22 mphs.

Go ahead and watch all long drive videos if you dont believe me :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/myswingevolution

That was interesting.

I have to say, after watching a few of his videos and seeing basically random passers-by step up and clock themselves on his SSR - that I think the SSR might read a little high.

There's also the issue that some of that increased mph has come from a longer AND lighter driver. The longer shaft probably won't do his ballstriking any good, and the lighter head (even swung faster) won't do his distance any good.

Even so, that looked to me like evidence of very impressive gains - based largely on flexibility work, swinging a shaft as-fast-as-possible, and getting instant feedback on clubhead speed.

If you were hellbent (like, say, the OP) on increasing your clubhead speed, why wouldn't you give this approach a try?

That was interesting. I have to say, after watching a few of his videos and seeing basically random passers-by step up and clock themselves on his SSR - that I think the SSR might read a little high. There's also the issue that some of that increased mph has come from a longer AND lighter driver. The longer shaft probably won't do his ballstriking any good, and the lighter head (even swung faster) won't do his distance any good. Even so, that looked to me like evidence of very impressive gains - based largely on flexibility work, swinging a shaft as-fast-as-possible, and getting instant feedback on clubhead speed. If you were hellbent (like, say, the OP) on increasing your clubhead speed, why wouldn't you give this approach a try?

The guy he got the suggestions from wrote an e-book on how to increase your swing speed. Basic principle was improve your fast twitch muscles. Interesting note is that you should rest your fast twitch muscles longer than your larger muscles. He recommends 24-48 hours between workouts. I tried to do it, but I do not have the time to devote yet to do a regular workout. Once my daughter is older I will try this again.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!